Stock JLUR. 35s or 37s?

Toycrusher

I'll be upgrading rubber soon on my wife's JLUR and I definitely can't go back with 33s. I already have wheel spacers installed, so I know 35s will articulate without rubbing. However, I live in South Texas. There isn't 50' of elevation change within 100 miles of me. This Jeep isn't going to see any extreme wheeling... ever. Nothing but sand and mud. With that being said, will we REALLY regret 37s at stock height? I don't have any intention to lift it for those same reasons.

For a baseline, I have a '96 Ram 1500 on 38" x 15.5 Swampers with just 2" leveling spacers and generous surgery on my lower fenders. I simply like the low lift, big tire look.

Thanks in advance

ddays v2

I'm running 35" Nitto Ridge Graps on my JLUR with no lift (yet) and it works fine. I do get some rubbing under extreme articulation, bit none under "normal" articulation. 37's ARE gonna rub.
Depending on the backspacing on your wheels you may not even need the spacers. I tried them on mine & it looked stupid so I tool em back off

BADGER.jpg

Last edited:

Clark Griswold

35 x 12.5 BFG KO2's on stock rims no spacers, very slight rubbing at full flex and disconnected sway bar. They stick just slightly past the flares, nice balanced look IMO. I have the 2.0 and it runs great on the highway and offroad.IMG_20190716_173809573.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

VitaMeVas

Wheel spacers?

I’m running stock rims/suspension with 35” tires on my 2019 JLU Rubicon. No plans to lift yet, and even when I do it’ll be 2.5” or so. Question: should I use spacers if I head out to Moab or somewhere other than a ‘mall’? I don’t mind a little wheel well rubbing, but I’d like to be prepared if I need it. Thanks.

YAHAHA

I've seen a number of low COG Jeeps in my area. I think the filled fender look is better on cars but it's not terrible on the Jeeps. I don't know if you'd regret 37s at stock height. I thought there was a thread here with somebody's pictures where they installed 37s before their lift was installed.

Here's a picture I found of 37 on no lift.IMG_2610.jpg

Good luck and good Jeepin!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Last edited:

Toycrusher

I’m running stock rims/suspension with 35” tires on my 2019 JLU Rubicon. No plans to lift yet, and even when I do it’ll be 2.5” or so. Question: should I use spacers if I head out to Moab or somewhere other than a ‘mall’? I don’t mind a little wheel well rubbing, but I’d like to be prepared if I need it. Thanks.

So here's what 37s and no lift look like fully flexed. I am running 1.75" wheel spacers. There is contact but not enough to damage fenders or liners

20191017_163500.jpg

20191017_163556.jpg

If your just going to use Jeep for driver 37's will be fine w/out lift. If your going to off road your Jeep, (why have a Rubicon if your not going to off road it) you will need to lift it. I have 18 JLUR and have been off roading it since I bought it last November. I personally did not want to damage the beautiful Rubicon wheels, so I bought Mammoth rims for 106.00 a piece. NO WHEEL SPACERS. I put on Mopar 2" lift and than Cooper STT pros. I do a lot of rock crawling and even with lift, I will still get a little rubbing once in a while in the rear. Not enough to damage, just enough to show me tire was rubbing. Good luck with your Jeep!!

Crawl3.jpgIMG_2099.jpgIMG_2101.jpgIMG_2103.jpgIMG_2104.jpg