Thread: Stock JLUR. 35s or 37s?

Caught the Bug

Stock JLUR. 35s or 37s?

I'll be upgrading rubber soon on my wife's JLUR and I definitely can't go back with 33s. I already have wheel spacers installed, so I know 35s will articulate without rubbing. However, I live in South Texas. There isn't 50' of elevation change within 100 miles of me. This Jeep isn't going to see any extreme wheeling... ever. Nothing but sand and mud. With that being said, will we REALLY regret 37s at stock height? I don't have any intention to lift it for those same reasons.

For a baseline, I have a '96 Ram 1500 on 38" x 15.5 Swampers with just 2" leveling spacers and generous surgery on my lower fenders. I simply like the low lift, big tire look.

Thanks in advance

I'm running 35" Nitto Ridge Graps on my JLUR with no lift (yet) and it works fine. I do get some rubbing under extreme articulation, bit none under "normal" articulation. 37's ARE gonna rub.
    Depending on the backspacing on your wheels you may not even need the spacers. I tried them on mine & it looked stupid so I tool em back off

BADGER.jpg
    Last edited by ddays v2; 07-17-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    2014 JKU Money Pit on 37's
    2019 JLUR on 35's (so far)

Caught the Bug
    Those 35s look quite nice on your JL. I'm running stock Rubicon wheels so the spacers are necessary.

35 x 12.5 BFG KO2's on stock rims no spacers, very slight rubbing at full flex and disconnected sway bar. They stick just slightly past the flares, nice balanced look IMO. I have the 2.0 and it runs great on the highway and offroad.IMG_20190716_173809573.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Griswold View Post
    35 x 12.5 BFG KO2's on stock rims no spacers, very slight rubbing at full flex and disconnected sway bar. They stick just slightly past the flares, nice balanced look IMO. I have the 2.0 and it runs great on the highway and offroad.IMG_20190716_173809573.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Looks good

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app