Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anybody Running Baja Designs' LP6 Lights?

  1. #1
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199

    Anybody Running Baja Designs' LP6 Lights?

    I'm getting ready to order a set of these bad boys. I'm just trying to decide between the spot or driving/spot combo. I'm leaning toward the combo, but wanted to see if anyone here has them and what their thoughts/experiences are.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,871
    I have not run these, however unless you're going high speed I would think that the combo would be preferred over the spot.

  3. #3
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I have not run these, however unless you're going high speed I would think that the combo would be preferred over the spot.
    I think you are right. I just ordered the combos from Northridge. They have 10% off today. I found that I can get the spot lenses for 35 bucks each if for some reason I want more throw. I doubt I'll need it.

    Thx!

  4. #4
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    I think you are right. I just ordered the combos from Northridge. They have 10% off today. I found that I can get the spot lenses for 35 bucks each if for some reason I want more throw. I doubt I'll need it.

    Thx!
    I'm running the XL80 Combos above my fairlead. I can't imagine the want or need for any more light. Lol. That being said, I'd sure love a set of LPs. 😎

  5. #5
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I'm running the XL80 Combos above my fairlead. I can't imagine the want or need for any more light. Lol. That being said, I'd sure love a set of LPs. 😎
    Part of the reason I'm going with them is that Baja Designs told me they put out enough heat that snow won't freeze them over. I had my LED headlights freeze over a couple times. I've currently got Rigid Side Shooters on the cowling, and they are outstanding. I won't need them with the LP6's, though, so I'll move the Rigids to my JK, which needs them. Then, I'll be set and can drop the windshield occasionally! Lol!

  6. #6
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,871
    When the XL80s were mounted on our JK, I accidentally hit the switch and left it on for about 5 minutes.... Melted the removable plastic rock protector / covers.

  7. #7
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    When the XL80s were mounted on our JK, I accidentally hit the switch and left it on for about 5 minutes.... Melted the removable plastic rock protector / covers.
    Ouch! Those are mean lights!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •