Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Anybody Running Baja Designs' LP6 Lights?

  1. #1
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199

    Anybody Running Baja Designs' LP6 Lights?

    I'm getting ready to order a set of these bad boys. I'm just trying to decide between the spot or driving/spot combo. I'm leaning toward the combo, but wanted to see if anyone here has them and what their thoughts/experiences are.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,083
    I have not run these, however unless you're going high speed I would think that the combo would be preferred over the spot.

  3. #3
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I have not run these, however unless you're going high speed I would think that the combo would be preferred over the spot.
    I think you are right. I just ordered the combos from Northridge. They have 10% off today. I found that I can get the spot lenses for 35 bucks each if for some reason I want more throw. I doubt I'll need it.

    Thx!

  4. #4
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    I think you are right. I just ordered the combos from Northridge. They have 10% off today. I found that I can get the spot lenses for 35 bucks each if for some reason I want more throw. I doubt I'll need it.

    Thx!
    I'm running the XL80 Combos above my fairlead. I can't imagine the want or need for any more light. Lol. That being said, I'd sure love a set of LPs. 😎

  5. #5
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I'm running the XL80 Combos above my fairlead. I can't imagine the want or need for any more light. Lol. That being said, I'd sure love a set of LPs. 😎
    Part of the reason I'm going with them is that Baja Designs told me they put out enough heat that snow won't freeze them over. I had my LED headlights freeze over a couple times. I've currently got Rigid Side Shooters on the cowling, and they are outstanding. I won't need them with the LP6's, though, so I'll move the Rigids to my JK, which needs them. Then, I'll be set and can drop the windshield occasionally! Lol!

  6. #6
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,083
    When the XL80s were mounted on our JK, I accidentally hit the switch and left it on for about 5 minutes.... Melted the removable plastic rock protector / covers.

  7. #7
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    When the XL80s were mounted on our JK, I accidentally hit the switch and left it on for about 5 minutes.... Melted the removable plastic rock protector / covers.
    Ouch! Those are mean lights!

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch RipperMagooJLUR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    16
    I just installed a pair of the LP6 Pro combos on mine and they work like a champion. I initially wired them to Aux 3(low) and 4(high) however the high seemed to push that circuit right to its limit and that wire was very hot to the touch almost immediately so I swapped it for Aux 1 and took it out and ran with high on for a good hour and it seems to hold up great! 60108659865__23D8CA45-016F-472B-801F-B5A45DC11813.JPGIMG_2624.JPGIMG_2626.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #9
    Knows a Thing or Two MrGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    570
    I think I need a set of those, too. Just awesome

    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

  10. #10
    Hooked Tubbydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Swampscott
    Posts
    229
    Those look great! But might get some LED head lights next.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •