New Backbone Rack

Spack

Purple Santa arrived today as I was finishing bumper and winch install. IMG_5376.jpg. I’ve been waiting for the JL version of the Rhino Rack Backbone to come out for a couple of months and I’m already impressed. IMG_5381.jpgIMG_5382.jpgIMG_5383.jpgIMG_5384.jpgIMG_5387.jpg
I have never seen any package come so neat and organized from any company before. This board is like an exploded diagram for the rack and the instructions go to a YT video. Only bummer I’ve seen so far is I have to install the hard top as the interior is the template where as on the JKs, it was the other way around. I’ll post up more pics as I go along or finish.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Love the instructions with the exploded diagram. 😎 I had the Backbone on our JKUR, and found it to be an exceptional product.

Spack

Finished the backbone last night, but will have to wait for the weekend to do the platform.

The rear mounts were a little difficult to get the screws through. I found that if I pulled the support away, put the washer on, then pulled the screw out almost all the way, put the support back up against the hardtop, the put the screws through, everything lined up. If I put the screws all the though the bracket and hardtop, there was just no way to get the support arm to line up.

I used a socket on the inside instead of their little tool, and that was only good for the spacing of the middle and front brackets, and well as the roll bar mount in the front. Otherwise it went together really well and pleased with how it turned out. IMG_5390.jpgIMG_5391.jpg

I forgot/didn’t get pics of the roll bar mounts. Hardtop is secures the same way with an addition of one long screw through an existing rollbar hole on each side. When I get home, I’ll post those up too.

Spack

IMG_5394.jpgIMG_5395.jpgIMG_5396.jpgIMG_5400.jpg
So this is the interior brace that holds up a thin and close to the hardtop roof rack, and yes, it is pretty stiff (insert popular Office joke here). The front and rear brace fit together nicely.

I kinda like the looks of it so I’ll leave it as is. It is compatible with the factory liners if you have them, just have to trim the corners and the arms install over them.