Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: JL JOURNAL : EVO Quarter Pounder Front Bumper Installation

  1. #21
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Not sure I would want anything on my Jeep that said purejeep anyway. At this point.
    It was a good design but no, I wouldn't either.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Would the process be similar you think for the LoD?

    The bar note was in jest as you had the bar on your LoD and EVO doesn’t make one. I like the the clean look you’ve been running too. Winch plate and now 1/4 pounder.
    Yup, pretty much the same thing. You interested in a used LoD? LOL

  2. #22
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It was a good design but no, I wouldn't either.



    Yup, pretty much the same thing. You interested in a used LoD? LOL
    WTF... shouldn't you be focusing your attention on pictures or something? 😁

  3. #23
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    WTF... shouldn't you be focusing your attention on pictures or something? 😁
    Got home at about 1am and just trying to tie up loose ends before getting back to real work

  4. #24
    Fresh Catch TxJeepers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    12
    Great video and I'm adding this bumper to the short list for my JL. I didn't notice that you have any auxiliary lighting. Though the JL LEDs are great, I still plan to add a couple quality driving lights or 10" bar to really light up the Texas 2 lane highways I often deal with at night. Much time on those roads without other cars so I like to light it up when doing the 75mph speed limit. Anyway, how would you add lights to this bumper and what, if any, are your plans for some additional lighting?
    2019 JLUR
    Gone but not forgotten: 99 TJ, ‘01 TJ, ‘02 KJ, ‘03 TJ, ‘98 XJ, ‘08 JK, ‘12 JKUR, ‘14 JKUR and ‘15 JKUR.

  5. #25
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by TxJeepers View Post
    Great video and I'm adding this bumper to the short list for my JL. I didn't notice that you have any auxiliary lighting. Though the JL LEDs are great, I still plan to add a couple quality driving lights or 10" bar to really light up the Texas 2 lane highways I often deal with at night. Much time on those roads without other cars so I like to light it up when doing the 75mph speed limit. Anyway, how would you add lights to this bumper and what, if any, are your plans for some additional lighting?
    EVO sells a bracket that goes in between the bumper and fairlead and you can mount lights to it. If you're not going to run a stinger, you can also drill into the bumper and attach lights to it that way.

  6. #26
    Hooked CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    208
    Thanks for the tutorial...

    It really helped me to get as far as I have tonight...

    I did a hybrid between what you did and what the very understandable EVO directions said for clocking the sway bar. I used the factory bolt in the same hole you chose but had to bore out the non threaded side of the hole a little (1/2" deep exactly) with a 1/2" drill bit to clear the big shoulder on the bolt.

    bumper 2.jpg

    I couldn't help myself... Had to smooth up some of the welds and the cut edges before painting. I'm sure it will get dinged up but its rewarding to make it look pretty when stuff first goes on.


    Bumper .jpg

    I would have probably finished at getting the bumper mounted tonight but didn't want to wake the whole neighborhood with the sawzall and grinder removing the "tusks" as you call them.

  7. #27
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    19
    On some of the EVO stuff I've received, there's a pamphlet that shows a "pro" bumper, but I can't find any information on that anywhere. I stopped by EVO and saw some on some of the Jeeps they had there. I forgot to ask about them. I did notice that the rear line of the bumper doesn't really match with the grille. Is it really just a JK bumper?

    Why did you chose the 1/4#er (that didn't shorten up well...) over the pro model?

  8. #28
    Hooked CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Wheel-Lee View Post
    On some of the EVO stuff I've received, there's a pamphlet that shows a "pro" bumper, but I can't find any information on that anywhere. I stopped by EVO and saw some on some of the Jeeps they had there. I forgot to ask about them. I did notice that the rear line of the bumper doesn't really match with the grille. Is it really just a JK bumper?

    Why did you chose the 1/4#er (that didn't shorten up well...) over the pro model?
    I can't speak for Eddie but,

    The pro bumper isn't listed for sale for the JL yet... At least as far as I know.

    It is a very nice looking bumper but if it mounts the same as on pro model the JK it looks like it would have less ground clearance than the QP'er because it retains all of the frame instead of trimming it down. If I wasn't looking to gain ground clearance I would have kept my stock steel bumper, I liked how it looked & actually got complements on it.

  9. #29
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    768
    Damn, making me want a quarter pounder again. Looks good

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  10. #30
    Hooked CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Damn, making me want a quarter pounder again. Looks good

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Here's another one for ya'

    bumper 3.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •