ROAM Rock Slider Rail side steps. Rust Information?

mike2019

I am looking into Roam for my 2019 JLUR but have not been able to het a call back yet. Wanted to know if the painting process has changed to stop the rust I saw from other posts for 1 year old 2018 side steps. Any info would be great as I really like them but dont want it to look bad in a year. Also is there any warranty as they are a few $ to buy and ship.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

I've had mine on since Feb and they held up pretty well through the worst part of our winter here in Western Pa. I've already got 13k miles on my Jeep since then so it's not like it's sat in the garage a lot.
I don't care whose slider/steps you buy, they are going to see a lot of abuse from the front tires and there isn't a finish out there that is going to hold up perfectly. Keeping after nicks will help, but you'll
still be dealing with rusting issues regardless. These are easy enough to take off so they can be touched up periodically. I do have to say that I was impressed with the quality of these, especially when compared
to other options out there. I bought them as temporary steps until EVO's weld on sliders are available, but honestly, these are really nice. I'm not in a big hurry to take them off. :twocents:

Jeeeep

I was thinking about buying a set of ROAM but the crystal ball indicates there may be some for sale soon :thinking:

can't recall how the ROAM mount, body mount? need to look it up again

dixonk

I was thinking about buying a set of ROAM but the crystal ball indicates there may be some for sale soon :thinking:

can't recall how the ROAM mount, body mount? need to look it up again

They sell both body and frame mount. I have the body mount as I bought before frame mounts were available because EVO already had pics of their frame mounts out and everything. Been waiting 6 months now and still no sliders. But hey...3 more weeks [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

mike2019

They sell both body and frame mount. I have the body mount as I bought before frame mounts were available because EVO already had pics of their frame mounts out and everything. Been waiting 6 months now and still no sliders. But hey...3 more weeks [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Thanks, ordered the Roam frame mountes rock slider steps today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mud Bug

I have the frame mounted roam rock sliders. My understanding is that if you buy the ones called "side armor" which were all body-mounted, those were the ones that had all the rust issues because they were sent to some shoddy company for their powder coating. (and this may have since been upgraded/changed) I have the frame mounted "triple e-coated" ones on roughly 3 months. I did remove them a couple of days ago to repaint that accent plate another color and I saw a tiny bit of powdery surface rust near one of the bolt holes on one of the brackets. Roughly 1/3 the size of a pencil eraser. Nothing anywhere else. A little sandpaper and rattle can and I am fine. As stated before, if you use your rock sliders you should expect to have to touch them up here or there. No finish will be completely impervious to the rust.