LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, Peterson Jeep in Idaho is who we ordered our Gladiator from and mainly because of all the rave reviews we've heard about them. Unfortunately, I kinda feel like they've been dicking us around. In spite of the fact that we placed our order before a friend of ours, his came in last week and ours is nowhere in site. In spite of the fact that I had previously asked if they had anything else coming in, they have told me no. In spite of the fact that I have specifically asked about a Rubicon that they had on their website showing up as being in transit and if we could buy that one instead and they said yes, they are still saying it hasn't come in. Well, I just talked to a friend of mine at FCA and he verified that it did in fact come in YESTERDAY at 11:31 AM. In other words, Peterson Jeep in Idaho is full of shit. Unfortunately, they still have my $1000 deposit so I'm not sure what to do now. This whole thing is such bullshit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They are saying your LE came or the other rubicon came in?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The other Rubicon. I had it VIN checked and was told it came in yesterday. I talked to Kent Shurtleff, my dealer today and he told me earlier today that it didn't come in yesterday and that he would get back to me by late this morning to see if anything changed. He never got back to me. I have since tried contacting him again today and he still won't get back to me. The whole thing sucks.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
The other Rubicon. I had it VIN checked and was told it came in yesterday. I talked to Kent Shurtleff, my dealer today and he told me earlier today that it didn't come in yesterday and that he would get back to me by late this morning to see if anything changed. He never got back to me. I have since tried contacting him again today and he still won't get back to me. The whole thing sucks.

Fuck that. You said it was no refundable deposit too?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
That’s what really sucks.

Thing is, Kent had me sign another contract for this other Rubicon and said he would sell me whatever came in first.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sharkey would know but if that one is in and the contract says he would sell whatever came first couldn’t you take legal action and get out of it? Probably lose more than the $1000 after lawyer fees though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sharkey would know but if that one is in and the contract says he would sell whatever came first couldn’t you take legal action and get out of it? Probably lose more than the $1000 after lawyer fees though.

The $1k is almost chicken scratch compared to the over 3 months I lost waiting for this thing!

WTF... I'm a pretty reasonable guy but I would be pissed if this happened to me

Honestly, I'm kicking myself for listening to all the people who swore by Kent and Peterson Jeep. Sure, you save on the cost of the Jeep but the financing thing and the lack of honest communication and the crazy long ass wait doesn't seem to be worth the trouble.

This whole thing sucks. I really hope you get an honest answer soon. Really soon.

You and me both. A response of any kind would be nice at this point and time.

Damn man, that's totally shitty. Who wants to drive up there with me and repetitively kick this guy in the nuts?

I'm sure he'll have a great excuse to give me when he finally gets around to responding to me. :rolleyes2:

benatc1

The $1k is almost chicken scratch compared to the over 3 months I lost waiting for this thing!

Honestly, I'm kicking myself for listening to all the people who swore by Kent and Peterson Jeep. Sure, you save on the cost of the Jeep but the financing thing and the lack of honest communication and the crazy long ass wait doesn't seem to be worth the trouble.

You and me both. A response of any kind would be nice at this point and time.

I'm sure he'll have a great excuse to give me when he finally gets around to responding to me. :rolleyes2:
Oh yea, they always do. Oddly enough, I ordered a new work truck today, (not a JT unfortunately lol), guy was great but after like 1pm and he had all the info, I never heard back from him, so I'm not actually sure if I ordered a truck today lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, late last night, I FINALLY got an email from Kent. Far from being later on in the morning like he promised but better late than never, right? Wrong. In spite of what my friend at FCA told me, Kent is now saying that the other Rubicon I was wanting actually showed up "yesterday morning" and not on Monday as I was told. Also, Kent is now telling me that it actually arrived "damage", that the "passenger side mirror doesn't move" and he can't sell it to me like that. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So here's another thing that might be worth noting. Everything I've been told regarding my VIN from my friend at FCA or by Kent at Peterson has been accurate since day one. I did a check of my friend's VIN, the one who ordered from Peterson in Idaho as well and AFTER me and I'm being told by FCA that it's still in Toledo!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, looks like I'm finally getting somewhere. Spoke with Elton, the GM at Peterson and he cleared things up a bit. Turns out that the Rubicon I was asking about DID in fact show up on Monday just like I was told by FCA. Turns out it's NOT damaged as I was told by Kent and that it was originally sold to someone else. Elton spoke to the other customer and he agreed to let me have this Rubicon and he would buy my LE when it comes in.

Elton is going to physically verify that the Rubicon is ready to go and I should be getting a call back soon. Assuming all is good, we'll be heading out to Idaho and picking it up tomorrow.

JTCO

Meme King
Okay, looks like I'm finally getting somewhere. Spoke with Elton, the GM at Peterson and he cleared things up a bit. Turns out that the Rubicon I was asking about DID in fact show up on Monday just like I was told by FCA. Turns out it's NOT damaged as I was told by Kent and that it was originally sold to someone else. Elton spoke to the other customer and he agreed to let me have this Rubicon and he would buy my LE when it comes in.

Elton is going to physically verify that the Rubicon is ready to go and I should be getting a call back soon. Assuming all is good, we'll be heading out to Idaho and picking it up tomorrow.

Wow. I hope all goes smoothly from here. :thumb:

JeepJL

Now that’s awesome. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app