LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I'm sure most of you know, there was never any question that Cindy and I would buy an all new Jeep Gladiator. It literally is a truck that we've been wanting ever since Jeep stopped making trucks and every time Jeep teased us with a concept, we always said we would buy it if it ever got made. Well, here it is at long last and as if you can believe it, we STILL don't have ours.

Hoping to be one of the first to get their hands on a Gladiator, I tried talking to all the right people I knew and was even able to get a list of ones that were built and being shipped to dealerships all around the country and very early on. Unfortunately, most were already sold or were being marked up $10k or more over MSRP. Needless to say, we decided to do the next best thing and that was to order a Launch Edition Gladiator - you know, because they would be made first, right? WRONG! In spite of the fact that every single one of the 4,019 Launch Edition Gladiators being made were sold on 04/04/19, ours is still nowhere to be seen. Yup, it's literally been over 3 months now and I still can't get any confirmation as to when we might get ours. We've been trying to be patient and understanding but honestly, the whole thing really sucks. Had I known the "Launch Edition" was just marketing and NOT actually the first Gladiators being made as their special name implies, I would have just ordered up a Sport like we had originally planned. I won't lie, I'm actually really pretty disappointed in Jeep for not making this more clear.

I was really hoping that the first official post I made about our Gladiator would be one with pics of it in our driveway and with keys in hand. Being that I can't get anyone to tell me when it'll come in, it's starting to look more and more like it'll be sometime next year before we see it.

Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That does suck!! I'm sure it will be well worth it though when it is in your possession.

Well, if nothing else, I'm sure I'll soon forget about how stupid long it took to get a "launch" edition.

Which color did you order?

White

Really sucks. Hope it shows up soon for you guys.

As I always say, "hope" is just another way of saying "wishful thinking". Seems the more I do that, the more I get let down.

Piginajeep

[emoji23][emoji24] big time fuck you from Jeep that’s for sure.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Then what the hell was the purpose of the "Launch Edition"? Pretty damn frustrating to say the least.

Apparently, it was a marketing scheme. I just wish it would have been made more clear that ordering one would NOT mean you'd be getting one of the first being made - you know, like how the word "LAUNCH" implies. :rolleyes2:

[emoji23][emoji24] big time fuck you from Jeep that’s for sure.

Essentially, yes. A BIG "hey guys, we finally have what you want and will charge you extra for getting one of the first" only, you'll get it half a year later. :rolleyes2:

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
I agree this is total Bullshit! launch edition should be the first one built. :thinking:
I get they had to build some and get them out there to show us they are real, but the launch edition ones wont even be the first 4019 built :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That sucks Eddie, I know the feeling. But crazy they don't have any information on where it's at

Oh yeah, I know you know the feeling. Last I heard was that it was finally built back on the 26th of last month but who knows if that's true. I've gotten no word when it'll ship or when I can expect to see it.

I agree this is total Bullshit! launch edition should be the first one built. :thinking:
I get they had to build some and get them out there to show us they are real, but the launch edition ones wont even be the first 4019 built :doh:

That's pretty much how I feel about it.