Rugged Ridge Trail Mirrors = Cheap Chinese Garbage

dixonk

What a disappointment. Got the mirrors in and took all my doors off today. Went to put the mirrors on and they are the most wobbly loose pieces of junk I could have possibly bought. I didn’t even leave the garage with them on and they were non functional. These friggin Chinese kids can’t get anything right anymore. Doors back on and these pieces of shit back in the box headed back to them.

Any recommendations for some quality mirrors to use when running without doors?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Sorry to hear that.

We run the Quadratec ones on our JK. I'd imagine they fit the JL the same.

Quadratec_Adventure_Mirrors_Round_Head_JK_0.jpg

dixonk

CalSgt

I ordered some CMM mirrors, a little (a lot) expensive but they seemed like the best quality option out there and made in the USA. I’LL report back after their installed.
D6F6E345-61C5-4677-99E5-F95DD53E1DD0.jpg

If you have no doors on and aren’t aware of another vehicle in your blind spot please turn in your license. Otherwise mirrors are only for not getting a ticket.

truckpete

What a disappointment. Got the mirrors in and took all my doors off today. Went to put the mirrors on and they are the most wobbly loose pieces of junk I could have possibly bought. I didn’t even leave the garage with them on and they were non functional. These friggin Chinese kids can’t get anything right anymore. Doors back on and these pieces of shit back in the box headed back to them.

Any recommendations for some quality mirrors to use when running without doors?

Did you tighten the three screws on the back of the mirror once you got them positioned where you wanted them? They appear to be the same ball-mounting style that I have on my Peterbilt. When they get wobbly, usually you just need to retorque those screws.

CalSgt

If you have no doors on and aren’t aware of another vehicle in your blind spot please turn in your license. Otherwise mirrors are only for not getting a ticket.

Shit... I can't even see traffic behind me on the highway without sideview. The rearview gets a great view of the spare though.

jddk

I had decent success with the RR cheapies for 5 yrs on my JK. Didnt want to use the windshield bolt location so I bought another 25$ set and chopped them to work with my Rigid light mount. A little redrilling and Im CA legal to drive my new rig doorless this weekend. Cant wait!20190718_180048.jpeg

Sent from my Android using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app