Tazer add, fog lights add, AUX switch add now ESS problems. Need opinions

GolemJL

Alright guys I’m wanting some opinions. Newbie to this forum but not a wrench or Wranglers. I’ve got 20+ years of Wrangler ownership under my belt. And yes I’ve used the “search” function.

I added some Rigid 3” flood lights, the Mopar Aux switch bank, some rock lights and installed a Tazer mini. I installed the Tazer mini first then a week later I added the Tazer, rock lights and switches. One day after the switch install my ESS popped up saying it needs service and no longer works. I can’t stand having warning lights on so I want it fixed. I have gone through the engine bay to make sure the grounds are good and that I didn’t accidentally knock something loose, all looks good. I’ve also unmarried the Tazer then reinstalled it.

So my questions is.
1. do I remove the Tazer before bringing it to the dealer? I’ve read opinions saying both ways but just opinions and why’s?

2. While adding the switches and other lights that require going through the rubber grommet in the fire wall right under the ESS battery what’s the chance I F.ed something up and warranty won’t cover this.

3. Has anyone else had this problem?

2018 JKUR for reference. Thanks in advance. RJ

So you have the Mopar Aux switches but the dealer didn’t activate them? It’s a long shot, but maybe just pretend like you don’t have the taser and ask the dealer to activate the switches for you? Then maybe they’ll help you troubleshoot. If not you can call Jeep Wave which is like escalated customer support. They seem to help when the dealer can’t figure something out.

Saddletramp

I don’t think your ESS has anything to do with the mods or Tazer. I get the same dash light and it’s related to the AC and fan coming on high speed (sounds like an airplane) now that it’s hot out. My dash light goes out after the next start up only to come back when AC is on auto and the engine fan goes crazy. There’s a TSB to fix the fan speed with a reflash but I haven’t taken the time to get it done. Not sure if that’s what your getting too and the mods are just coincidence?

As far as the dealer and Tazer go, my dealer could care less, not sure if yours would make an issue out of it but they shouldn’t and your issues should be unrelated.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL johnny

Alright guys I’m wanting some opinions. Newbie to this forum but not a wrench or Wranglers. I’ve got 20+ years of Wrangler ownership under my belt. And yes I’ve used the “search” function.

I added some Rigid 3” flood lights, the Mopar Aux switch bank, some rock lights and installed a Tazer mini. I installed the Tazer mini first then a week later I added the Tazer, rock lights and switches. One day after the switch install my ESS popped up saying it needs service and no longer works. I can’t stand having warning lights on so I want it fixed. I have gone through the engine bay to make sure the grounds are good and that I didn’t accidentally knock something loose, all looks good. I’ve also unmarried the Tazer then reinstalled it.

So my questions is.
1. do I remove the Tazer before bringing it to the dealer? IÂ’ve read opinions saying both ways but just opinions and whyÂ’s?

2. While adding the switches and other lights that require going through the rubber grommet in the fire wall right under the ESS battery whatÂ’s the chance I F.ed something up and warranty wonÂ’t cover this.

3. Has anyone else had this problem?

2018 JKUR for reference. Thanks in advance. RJ

I had an issue with my ESS not working and the light coming on. I hooked a 3 amp battery charger to the main battery for a few hours. I guess if the voltage drops on the battery for the ESS system it will stop working. When that happened my back up lights and camera quit working. After I charged the battery everything went back to normal. Don’t know if that will work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited: