Where the flock are the Fast n Furious 2.0 Turbo skids?

Onlyone

Well, looks like the one I’ll be ordering. I would like one for the big battery but noting for the 2 door yet. I guess this will suffice. Thanks for this. Didn’t realize they had one yet.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I could only find two companies making individual turbo oil and trans skids currently. Not counting the 300 pound, 65 bolt, $1500 full belly options that are out there. Dealt with of those once on JKX and won’t be doing that crap on my own jeep. With that style your skids turn into a bbq grill waiting to burn the fuck out of anyone trying to take them off when needed on the trail. Beyond that you can’t inspect much when you need to.

One company had a a couple month lead time and the other was Rusty’s Off-road. I’m impatient so went with them. Fairy stout 3/16 thick with gussets down the length and width and weight of 53 lbs. Two motor mount brackets, skid plate, fasteners and bolt protectors(we will see if they work) are included in the box. It has an access panel to drain plug for oil changes. I don’t see those Allen heads lasting long in rocks. Might just leave off.

No instructions were included so I emailed them. No response. No big deal though as brackets were marked. Just slip over motor mounts and thread nuts on. Removed factory .02thin cross bar and used my floor jack to hold while bolting. 1/2 hour or so to do.
Cooling lines protected now which was main reason to install.
Lesson learned: Working under a stock height jeep on a garage roller sucks. View attachment 12673View attachment 12674View attachment 12675View attachment 12676View attachment 12677View attachment 12678

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Easier or harder install than the bull bar?

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

NFRs2000NYC

I contacted AEV a while back about them building those boron skids for the JLs, same type as they put on the bison (really strong and super light) and they said they will for sure do it, but in a little while...that was probably 6 months ago. :(

JP223/3USA

Looks good but I don’t understand how it bolts to the transfer case skid. Is it replaced with a new one or is the original used? I found the instructions on their website. View attachment 15878

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

There is a cross member where the transfer case skid is attached. The bottom of the engine skid will attach to this crossmember with existing mounting bolts/holes.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app