Where the flock are the Fast n Furious 2.0 Turbo skids?

GCM 2.0

The 2.0’s are basically like owning a 2 door Jeep. You are sitting at the kids table of aftermarket parts. You will eat last after all the 3.6L’s have had their fill. Now shut up and go get your uncle Rico a beer.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like they are buried with gladiator parts rolling out etc. looking to get skins as well but not stocked yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I guess I have seen them making a lot of posts with Gladiators running their stuff lately. Being that they had their 2.0L for as long as they have, I just thought they would of already made stuff for it.

MSUConrad

Same here....still waiting. All in all the undercarriage seems to be protected EXCEPT the giant area around the transmission lines. I don't know how Jeep missed that.

NFRs2000NYC

At least the 2.0 guys can sit at the kids table....us diesel owners are gonna be like the donkey in shrek and sleep outside lol.

Jeepfan30

I asked EVO about 2.0 skids about a month ago, they said the 2.0 prototype is done. They are waiting on production now, but said they’re buried.

ttfhell

I could only find two companies making individual turbo oil and trans skids currently. Not counting the 300 pound, 65 bolt, $1500 full belly options that are out there. Dealt with of those once on JKX and won’t be doing that crap on my own jeep. With that style your skids turn into a bbq grill waiting to burn the fuck out of anyone trying to take them off when needed on the trail. Beyond that you can’t inspect much when you need to.

One company had a a couple month lead time and the other was Rusty’s Off-road. I’m impatient so went with them. Fairy stout 3/16 thick with gussets down the length and width and weight of 53 lbs. Two motor mount brackets, skid plate, fasteners and bolt protectors(we will see if they work) are included in the box. It has an access panel to drain plug for oil changes. I don’t see those Allen heads lasting long in rocks. Might just leave off.

No instructions were included so I emailed them. No response. No big deal though as brackets were marked. Just slip over motor mounts and thread nuts on. Removed factory .02thin cross bar and used my floor jack to hold while bolting. 1/2 hour or so to do.
Cooling lines protected now which was main reason to install.
Lesson learned: Working under a stock height jeep on a garage roller sucks. IMG_0722.jpgIMG_0723.jpgIMG_0717.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0745.jpgIMG_0754.jpg

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

How come none of the skids I’ve seen have openings or drains? I’m totally worried about shit packing up in there and catching fire like the original JK trans skid design that Jeep had to recall. I guess that added maintenance of cleaning it is just part of the deal or am I being paranoid?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Glad you were able to find something and it actually looks pretty stout too :thumb: