Summer CO, UT, NV Trip Trail Recommendations

dixonk

Heading west for a few weeks at the end of July before my son goes back to school. Planning on hitting CO, UT, and end up in Vegas before hitting the super slab back home.

For CO I am looking at doing the Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Pass). Got wife and kids with me so looking for ideas for routes or trails that are light to moderately challenging (wife is not interested in the extreme stuff). We will be around Mt Evans for a day as well as my son wants to experience the elevation.

UT and NV I am looking for a few suggestions so I can plan a route for us.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
There's a trail I run around here around 10500-11000 feet and I was just informed by a forest ranger yesterday that there is still 12-15 feet of snow in that area. If things go smoothly they said, they'll open it around mid to late July. Make sure whatever trails you do, that you check with that county's Forest service first.

dixonk

There's a trail I run around here around 10500-11000 feet and I was just informed by a forest ranger yesterday that there is still 12-15 feet of snow in that area. If things go smoothly they said, they'll open it around mid to late July. Make sure whatever trails you do, that you check with that county's Forest service first.

Yeah I planned on that. Crazy the amount of snow still at elevation right now. It will be after the 22nd of July before I can head out.

Rlew0083

Can you get out there and melt some of those trails open before I get there in two weeks? Hoping Imogene will be open by the time we get there. Blackbear is looking doubtful. Headed up to Breckenridge after Telluride. Hoping Wheeler Lake,Deer Creek, and Saint Johns area is open by then.

WiscoHR

Can you get out there and melt some of those trails open before I get there in two weeks? Hoping Imogene will be open by the time we get there. Blackbear is looking doubtful. Headed up to Breckenridge after Telluride. Hoping Wheeler Lake,Deer Creek, and Saint Johns area is open by then.

If you go on San Miguel county’s website the have current trail conditions and will post when Imogene is open. It is currently closed

dixonk

So just wrapping up our last day here in CO. Total of 10 fantastic days of sightseeing and wheeling. Never made it out of Colorado there was just so much to see. Sitting in Ouray after a day doing engineer, cinnamon, and Poughkeepsie Gulch. Black Bear is closed still.

Started in Colorado Springs, did Pikes Peak and a few local trails there. Went to Denver and did Mt Evans and did a few local trails, went to Aspen and hiked the Maroon Bells and rode the Silver Queen Gondola, then drove to Ouray to wrap the trip up. Took as many back roads and trails as possible in between.

Now need to get back home. Jeep needs to go to the shop. 4LO doesn’t work anymore. Just says service 4WD. Luckily 4HI worked and got me through.