Thread: Summer CO, UT, NV Trip Trail Recommendations

Summer CO, UT, NV Trip Trail Recommendations

Heading west for a few weeks at the end of July before my son goes back to school. Planning on hitting CO, UT, and end up in Vegas before hitting the super slab back home.

For CO I am looking at doing the Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Pass). Got wife and kids with me so looking for ideas for routes or trails that are light to moderately challenging (wife is not interested in the extreme stuff). We will be around Mt Evans for a day as well as my son wants to experience the elevation.

UT and NV I am looking for a few suggestions so I can plan a route for us.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Check trailsoffroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
    Check trailsoffroad.com

Thanks.

2018 JLUR Sting Gray

There's a trail I run around here around 10500-11000 feet and I was just informed by a forest ranger yesterday that there is still 12-15 feet of snow in that area. If things go smoothly they said, they'll open it around mid to late July. Make sure whatever trails you do, that you check with that county's Forest service first.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    There's a trail I run around here around 10500-11000 feet and I was just informed by a forest ranger yesterday that there is still 12-15 feet of snow in that area. If things go smoothly they said, they'll open it around mid to late July. Make sure whatever trails you do, that you check with that county's Forest service first.
    Yeah I planned on that. Crazy the amount of snow still at elevation right now. It will be after the 22nd of July before I can head out.

2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Can you get out there and melt some of those trails open before I get there in two weeks? Hoping Imogene will be open by the time we get there. Blackbear is looking doubtful. Headed up to Breckenridge after Telluride. Hoping Wheeler Lake,Deer Creek, and Saint Johns area is open by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlew0083 View Post
    Can you get out there and melt some of those trails open before I get there in two weeks? Hoping Imogene will be open by the time we get there. Blackbear is looking doubtful. Headed up to Breckenridge after Telluride. Hoping Wheeler Lake,Deer Creek, and Saint Johns area is open by then.
    If you go on San Miguel county’s website the have current trail conditions and will post when Imogene is open. It is currently closed

There’s an overland trail from Montrose,CO to Moab. Rimrockertrail.org For disclosure, I just saw this in a book yesterday so have no other useful information than their website.

Fresh Catch
    They started clearing Imogene Pass today.