EVO JL Coilover Discussion Thread

Deezus

I agree with your assessment there, not sure I need them and there is a price difference as well. I figure this is the biggest bolt on suspension upgrade I've ever done so I might as well go for it, plus there's those red adjusters that would really tie the Jeep together.
[emoji3526]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Deezus

Still waiting on that pic of your rear-end. Empty tank or full.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Still waiting on that pic of your rear-end. Empty tank or full.

You're going to be waiting a while. I said that I'll try and remember to do it next time I fill up. Not only does my memory suck, I probably won't gas up for weeks. I don't think you're going to have any issues. If you end up with lean, then just dial it in the way you like.

Deezus

You're going to be waiting a while. I said that I'll try and remember to do it next time I fill up. Not only does my memory suck, I probably won't gas up for weeks. I don't think you're going to have any issues. If you end up with lean, then just dial it in the way you like.
Np. I mainly wanted to know if that adjustment was necessary and after reading installation instructions it is.
On my JK I had about 3/4" more preload on rear passenger and front driver preload was different too, otherwise jeep sits funny.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Deezus

Do the front or rear get the longer sway bar links? Mixed the up during install.
Tt

Deezus

Got mine installed. Took about 2 full days and 3 half days. Also helped 2 buddies install lifts too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk.

Attachments

• IMG_20190922_154121_01.jpg
    IMG_20190922_154121_01.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20190922_172208_01.jpg
    IMG_20190922_172208_01.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20190922_154121_04.jpg
    IMG_20190922_154121_04.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Looks a little tall. Post a picture of your coilovers. I’m guessing something is amiss if you’re still having a rough ride.

Congrats on knocking it out yourself.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

JTCO

Meme King
Ty, my buddy plasma cut the brackets and did welding. It was grueling but worth it.

And you guys welded inside of those triangles on the rear? You know what thread I'm talking about right?

Deezus

Looks a little tall. Post a picture of your coilovers. I’m guessing something is amiss if you’re still having a rough ride.

Congrats on knocking it out yourself.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal
That was before I properly set it up. [emoji106]
I forgot to edit that post.
I'm at 3" inches in rear and front with about a 1/4" more on gas tank. Rides great, taking corners scary flat, no body roll and the valving, imo, is perfect for me. Enough road feedback to feel connected but soft enough for daily driving.
A few things I learned :

If you order coilovers prepare to wait 2 months or more, I canceled and went with non adj.
When you mount arms to new frame bra jets, test fit for clearances on bottom of bracket.
Watch Eddie's video.
You will need spacers if running more than a 3.75 backspace.
This kit is well engineered.