Thread: EVO JL Coilover Discussion Thread

EVO JL Coilover Discussion Thread

I thought it might be beneficial for those running the EVO JL Coilover system (and those considering the system) to have a place to discuss installation, set up, tuning, etc.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 06-28-2019 at 09:01 PM.

So far I am loving this kit. I am running the coilovers with the EVO JLU High Clearance Long Arms, however you can also run them with a short arm system.

Currently I'm running 2" of threads above the coil nut (x all four corners).

20190628_164103-1024x768.jpg

With ≈ 0.75" gap between the coil sliders and the timing / secondary rings (x all four corners).

20190628_164147-1024x768.jpg

Initially I was running 1.25" of threads above the coil nut. However, the other day I noted that at full droop my coil nuts required 1.75" just to sit on the top of my springs (zero preload), so I settled on a 2.0" gap above all four coil nuts for now.

For further information on the EVO MFG JLU HIGH CLEARANCE LONG ARMS or the EVO MFG JL BOLT-ON COILOVERS, the following videos are a must watch:

Jeep JL Wrangler Coilover Suspension with High Clearance Long Arm Installation by EVO

Jeep JL Wrangler Coilover Suspension with High Clearance Long Arms Installation - BIG FLEX by EVO

So recently while extending my shocks to check the nitrogen pressure in my reservoirs, I noticed that my springs were just barely seated. I increased my preload another half inch for a total of 2.5" of threads on all four corners. I'd could have sworn that the springs were pretty firmly seated at 2" a couple of weeks ago. Maybe my springs are breaking in?

Nitrogen pressure in my coilovers were/are 150 psi at all four corners (measured at full extension/droop).