EVO JL Coilover Discussion Thread

Nicorumiz

I am looking at this kit as well.
Debating if the long arm are really needed and what are your thoughts in regards to installing a clover kit with short arms.
I understand the long arm takes care of the geometry but any downsides as far as clearance?
Thanks

Nico

CalSgt

I am looking at this kit as well.
Debating if the long arm are really needed and what are your thoughts in regards to installing a clover kit with short arms.
I understand the long arm takes care of the geometry but any downsides as far as clearance?
Thanks

Nico

The way I understand it is that the long arms will get a little more droop. If you run stock length arms limit straps are required. You could always add the LA kit later too.

Deezus

I'm liking mine, very much so. Long arms will make the most of the kit for sure but there's really no going back if you do it. At the Rubicon this weekend. 20191005_115626~2.jpg20191005_115709~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Deezus

What ride heights are you guys running? I got my rears at:
Passenger 2.5
Driver 2
Fronts both at 3.5
Im trying to eliminate, mostly, rake.
Ty

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

With powder coat and shipping they are close to 500.
Yes I know, but they are quick release, less than a minute to remove, and if you have coilovers your gonna appreciate that[emoji6]

Shit they look great and I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. For King reservoir shocks it’s $100 bucks so I’ll be in the same boat when I get them lol

Deezus

View attachment 13793
That’s what AAL calls the kit that come with a brace with a light to replace the stock fender lights. Sorry for not being specific. The clips that hold the fender seem suspect to me.
I'm confused. They are stronger than stock but not too strong.
Which would you rather have stock plastic fender coming off(easy to put back on) or body pushed in?