Any issues with 305/70/17s?

cornhohleo

Jeep newbie here, looking for opinions. Wanting to see if using the stock gearing of 3.45 will cause any issues with having 305/70/17s on it. I know I’ll be losing some power and mpg, and I plan on putting on a 2 to 2 and 1/2 inch lift along with speedo calibrating. I’m on relatively flat land here in the south, 98 percent of inclines are on a highways. Other than the obvious losses of some power and mpg, anything else I should be concerned about?

iResq

I'm running that size in a Nitto Terra G. You will have to remove aero bumper things and will lose about half of your 8th gear. They will fit at full disconnected flex with out a lift.IMG_20180901_120550.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cornhohleo

I'm running that size in a Nitto Terra G. You will have to remove aero bumper things and will lose about half of your 8th gear. They will fit at full disconnected flex with out a lift.View attachment 12039

How’s it as a daily driver? I usually do about 20 miles round trip to work and back in the city with a few lights and stops.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

iResq

No drivability issues. Small hit on mileage but it's a Jeep and still delivers excellent smiles per gallon.

MrGiant

No drivability issues. Small hit on mileage but it's a Jeep and still delivers excellent smiles per gallon.

Smiles per gallon, great. Was new to me [emoji16]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR