Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : EVO JL Coilover Suspension Installation - S#!T JUST GOT REAL / PART 2

That was fun to watch. I may need to bite the bullet this time around. Iím afraid to start adding things up. Lol.

Iím really thinking long arm for sure for the on-road benefits as a daily. How much did they benefit this set up off road?

Would it even make sense to pair a long arm with anything other than coil-overs. Particularly the bypass kings and coils?

Mel is awesome and him in the vid was a great touch. Iíll need to bend his ear sooner than later.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Iím really thinking long arm for sure for the on-road benefits as a daily.
    Said nobody ever.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ttfhell View Post
    Said nobody ever.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Shut up, I just said it. Ha ha. Good to have you back man. I mainly said that as itís slightly better than saying Iím getting them for my off-roading excellence.

Iím guessing youíll be going with this CO set up soon?

Wow just wow! And to think your not even fully stuffed

Caught the Bug
    AMAZING!!!!!!! super drool factor for us Europeans...
    V6 Diesel JL SWB???? If available in Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Wheel-Lee View Post
    Video was well done!

Did you install wheel spacers when you got home? I thought I saw that you installed some in another thread.
    Yup, installed a set of wheel spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Awesome video. Makes me want something that I don't need.
    LOL - sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Pretty impressive!

Two things are, John can spin a nut really fast and the rear coilovers look pretty easy to install.
    LOL - too funny. But yeah, the rear end install is a snap especially if you don't do long arms.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Awesome video. Learned a few things that will assist me dialing in my system. Although it's got crazy flex, the on-road performance is stupid good. Solid axles have no business handling pavement this well.
    Awesome - glad that you were able to glean some help from the video

Quote Originally Posted by LauraRose View Post
    Another great video! I really liked hearing from Mel throughout the video.

Laura Rose from PA
    Cool - so glad that we were able to get him in there

Quote Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
    Wow. This is just incredible. Itís not what you see on the top side, but whatís on the under side that counts. Is there a $$ range someone could expect to be around to purchase this setup and have Melís crew install that you wouldnít mind sharing?
    The long arms and coilovers will set you back about $9k. Install takes about 2 days and that's the labor you'll be charged for.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    So awesome! Everything looks amazing. Gotta keep saving my pennies lol. Loved the bonus action as well! I know you probably don't have to many miles yet, but how's it working out with the spacers and 4.75 backspacing? To wide/to high scrub or is it alright?
    Actually, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Could be that the electric steering on the JL can deal with it better. We'll have to see how it does on the rocks.

That was fun to watch. I may need to bite the bullet this time around. Iím afraid to start adding things up. Lol.

Iím really thinking long arm for sure for the on-road benefits as a daily. How much did they benefit this set up off road?

Would it even make sense to pair a long arm with anything other than coil-overs. Particularly the bypass kings and coils?

Mel is awesome and him in the vid was a great touch. Iíll need to bend his ear sooner than later.
    Honestly, if you can afford it, this is a kit that you want. Having run the JK bolt on coilover kit, I can tell you that this feels more like the DTD and even has more travel than it. On road ride is outstanding or at least, in my opinion. You can do the long arms without the coilovers but for the money, I'd rather run the coilovers especially being that they're 2.5s now.

Quote Originally Posted by ttfhell View Post
    Said nobody ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Wow just wow! And to think your not even fully stuffed
    Crazy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchjk View Post
    AMAZING!!!!!!! super drool factor for us Europeans...
    Glad you approve

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Actually, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Could be that the electric steering on the JL can deal with it better. We'll have to see how it does on the rocks.
    Did I miss something about the spacers? Are you running spacers with your existing beadlocks?

My wheels are 4.5 BS with -12 offset. Was planning on 12.5 wide tires. Do I need to re-think this if I go with the CO kit?

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Honestly, if you can afford it, this is a kit that you want. Having run the JK bolt on coilover kit, I can tell you that this feels more like the DTD and even has more travel than it. On road ride is outstanding or at least, in my opinion. You can do the long arms without the coilovers but for the money, I'd rather run the coilovers especially being that they're 2.5s now.

So itís like the DTD only cheaper. Sounds like a good way to spin this to Amy. Lol.

Iíve been waiting for you to get to the higher end kits. Was kind of hoping youíd do the enforcer first, but youíve run like 5 shock and coil kits already.

Iíve been saving up and looking forward to building the JL. Would be great to sell the JK first, so weíll see about timing.

Did I miss something about the spacers? Are you running spacers with your existing beadlocks?

My wheels are 4.5 BS with -12 offset. Was planning on 12.5 wide tires. Do I need to re-think this if I go with the CO kit?
    Yup, running 1.75" wheel spacers with our XD231's which have 4.75" of back spacing. If you go coilovers, you will need 3.5" of back spacing to help clear things at a full flex.

So itís like the DTD only cheaper. Sounds like a good way to spin this to Amy. Lol.

Iíve been waiting for you to get to the higher end kits. Was kind of hoping youíd do the enforcer first, but youíve run like 5 shock and coil kits already.

Iíve been saving up and looking forward to building the JL. Would be great to sell the JK first, so weíll see about timing.
    We would have done the Enforcer kit but the Kings are pretty expensive. Just made more sense to us to get coilovers instead.

Wow, that set up it awesome, just what my JLUR needs.

Now EVO needs a mobile shop, that travels across the U.S. I think they'd make a killing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast