AC cooling performance

Toycrusher

Now that temps have cracked 150,000 degrees celcius, I've been noticing while driving at highway speed with AC running pretty strong that occasionally I'll get heat blowing through the floor vents, but still cold through dash vents. I have to move AC to max and just wait till the floor vent returns to cold.

Anybody else have this?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Now that temps have cracked 150,000 degrees celcius, I've been noticing while driving at highway speed with AC running pretty strong that occasionally I'll get heat blowing through the floor vents, but still cold through dash vents. I have to move AC to max and just wait till the floor vent returns to cold.

Anybody else have this?

150,000 degrees. Jesus. Are you living on the sun?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Toycrusher

Lol. I should have been more specific. Ambient is high 90s to low triple digits but heat index hits six digits...

The issue isn't really cooling performance, it maintains cold air through the dash vents, it just seems like a blower door is glitching and sending heat through the footwell vents from time to time. It might happen twice in 20 miles and usually lasts about a minute each time.

Jeeeep

Lol. I should have been more specific. Ambient is high 90s to low triple digits but heat index hits six digits...

The issue isn't really cooling performance, it maintains cold air through the dash vents, it just seems like a blower door is glitching and sending heat through the footwell vents from time to time. It might happen twice in 20 miles and usually lasts about a minute each time.

I think it's the auto climate control, it did the same thing on a Grand Cherokee I use to own and now on this JL.

Turning off climate control sort of helps but the JL still does on occasion. Technology knows what you need better than you do... lol

Have you cycled thru the airflow direction options? if something is stuck it may free it up cycling each option. :idontknow:

DudeBro

I noticed that same issue the other night. I'm also in Texas. Though when I noticed it I was doing 70 and diving into really strong wind during a storm. I figured the vents just couldn't handle the air pressure and outside air was escaping into the cabin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Saddletramp

The heat coming through the floor at times with AC on is normal, it's been discussed a few times before and was part of the "engineering" with the JL. I haven't really noticed it but I think Eddie and a few others have noticed it before too. Not sure if there is any mention of it in the owners manual but it's been noted on other rigs.

Toycrusher

The heat coming through the floor at times with AC on is normal, it's been discussed a few times before and was part of the "engineering" with the JL. I haven't really noticed it but I think Eddie and a few others have noticed it before too. Not sure if there is any mention of it in the owners manual but it's been noted on other rigs.

I hope it wasn't "engineered" into the design :( It's rather uncomfortable and annoying. Perhaps they will come up with a software fix for it...