Thread: 5.5 Back Space Wheel?

5.5 Back Space Wheel?

Anyone running a wheel that has 5.5 back spacing? Want to keep them tucked under the fender as much as possible. Running a 3.5 lift with stock wheels and spacers. Current pic attached. Was looking at the AEV wheels.IMG_3041.JPGIMG_2996.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

On a Rubicon with its wider axles, I would bet that you can get away with that much back spacing but only with 12.50 wide tires.

Fresh Catch
    On a JL Rubicon, you should be able to with 3.5 lift and 12.5 wide. As for wheels, AEV or custom order Trail Ready beadlocks. I think they are running orders again.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

On our 2dr rubi we are running the Mopar slotted 17x8.5 with 5.2 backspacing, mounted with the smallish KM3 37s. Same reasoning as you in hoping to keep it in tucked it as much as possible. Here are some images on flat ground with the steering wheel locked to the left for clearance measurements on oem control arm on the left, and on the right stabilizer and oem rubicon steel skid plate. Sticks out approx 1.75" past fender well in last image. Hope that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aai; 06-23-2019 at 03:52 AM.