Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : EVO JL Long Arm Suspension Installation - S#!T JUST GOT REAL / PART 1

@wayoflife which kit is that? I was just looking at thier coilover kit earlier today ....
    Also amazing job to cindy for the footage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    There goes your warranty

Awesome video. Those guys made that look so easy.
    eh, we're already at 36k anyway

Quote Originally Posted by JL_selena View Post
    @wayoflife which kit is that? I was just looking at thier coilover kit earlier today ....
    Also amazing job to cindy for the footage.
    This is their high clearance long arm kit with bolt on coil over kit.

Fresh Catch
    I've seen inconsistent backspacing requirements for their JL coilover kits, so I'm not sure what they really are. Will you be able to keep your 4.75" backspace wheels, or will you have to replace them?

I don't have my JL yet, but I'm making plans to pull the trigger on all the parts for when I place the JL order. I live right around the corner from EVO, so that's convenient!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Wheel-Lee View Post
    I've seen inconsistent backspacing requirements for their JL coilover kits, so I'm not sure what they really are. Will you be able to keep your 4.75" backspace wheels, or will you have to replace them?

I don't have my JL yet, but I'm making plans to pull the trigger on all the parts for when I place the JL order. I live right around the corner from EVO, so that's convenient!
    For now, the plan is to run what we have with wheel spacers. We will most likely find a replacement set of wheels with 3.5" of back spacing. That's what you really need.

Fresh Catch
    Thanks for confirming. Though one spec was 3.75" backspacing, so I guess that makes it easy for you to just run 1" spacers. I haven't seen too many (if any?) 3.75" backspace wheels, so I could see picking a nice 3.5" bs wheel should be easy.

Kind of a bummer, as I know it would be nice to keep that increased backspacing (as I would as well).

So my next question...and what I've been debating, is will you be going with 68.5 Dynatrac axles keeping the 3.5" backspace or go to 72.5 axles with 5.5" bs? How close is the end of the Dynatrac hub face to the face of a typical 8.5" wheel with a 5.5" bs? I can't tell you how many hours I've been contemplating these options.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Crazy how much travel you get with these coil overs. From what I read you have to run limit straps if you don't run long arms. Awesome job and choice on your lift! Looking awesome

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WOW, amazing how fast that can be done, especially with the right people. I'm impressed with the quality of the workmanship too. Can't wait to see part 2.

Thanks as always, you and Cindy make great video's.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Been Around the Block LauraRose's Avatar
    Awesome to see "Jet's Evolution"! Just curious: 1) how many hours did it take for the guys to complete the work? 2) does Off Road Evolution charge a flat labor rate per install or an hourly labor charge? Trying to get an idea of what it would cost an average Jane, like me. As always, thanks for the AWESOME content!

Laura Rose from PA
    1990 YJ
    2018 JL

Fresh Catch
    Damn when I finally get a jeep over here in the UK I may have to look into the cost of shipping it over for a few days lol or find a good shop over here to fit all that goodness

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sure wish EVO had a shop in St. Louis area.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast