Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : EVO JL Long Arm Suspension Installation - S#!T JUST GOT REAL / PART 1

JL JOURNAL : EVO JL Long Arm Suspension Installation - S#!T JUST GOT REAL / PART 1

Since getting our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited a little over a year and a half ago, Cindy and I have had a chance to test out a myriad of lift kits and this would include everything from a budget boost to a 4" coil lift. We did this to learn as much as we could and gain as much first hand experience as possible and mainly because we always knew this day was coming - the point of no return!

Based on our years of experience running EVO coilovers on both of our JK Wranglers, it really was just a matter of time before we installed set on our JL Wrangler as well. In addition to offering a crazy amount of flex out on the trail and allowing us to bomb across the desert in comfort, EVO has always done a great job of designing their coilover kits to offer an on pavement ride that we absolutely love. Of course, ride comfort is 100% subjective and the best part about coilovers is that they're completely adjustable. In other words, if you don't like what you get standard, you can always set them up with whatever spring rate and valving you prefer.

To help optimize our ride quality even more, we decided to have EVO High Clearance Long Arms installed at the same time as they do a great job of correcting suspension geometry. And, in this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what all is involved to get them installed. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Man, that is so awesome! Congrats on the upgrade my friends

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL JOURNAL : EVO JL Long Arm Suspension Installation - S#!T JUST GOT REAL / PART 1

It was great watching it happen in pictures a few days ago, but itís so much more satisfying to see the process. They cranked that out fast!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been Around the Block
    dammit that's awesome!

Bubba??

Awesome upgrade! Looking forward to seeing more videos of them in action! I just have to wait patiently lol

That's a lot of work. Great editing and capturing the sparks and cutting.

I've noticed nearly everyone that does coilovers also does longarms. Other than the normal geometry correction that longarms accomplish, is there another benefit to them while running coilovers?
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

The speed in the efficiency that they can work at... Just incredible. Looking forward to the next installment.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2.0 View Post
    Man, that is so awesome! Congrats on the upgrade my friends
    Thank you my friend. We're super excited with what we now have

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    It was great watching it happen in pictures a few days ago, but itís so much more satisfying to see the process. They cranked that out fast!!!
    Mel's guys are super fast for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    dammit that's awesome!

Bubba??
    LOL - glad you liked what you saw

Quote Originally Posted by JLRay View Post
    Awesome upgrade! Looking forward to seeing more videos of them in action! I just have to wait patiently lol
    Coming soon - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That's a lot of work. Great editing and capturing the sparks and cutting.

I've noticed nearly everyone that does coilovers also does longarms. Other than the normal geometry correction that longarms accomplish, is there another benefit to them while running coilovers?
    Yup. With as much flex as you get with EVO coilovers (not all coilover kits are made the same), it's helpful to have long arms being that they'll reduce the amount of axle swipe you'll see at a full droop. Also, assuming you'll use your Jeep to bomb across the desert, the corrected geometry will help provide a better ride. Lesser kits, ones that require you to run their coilovers sky high can benefit from just the geometry correction alone.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    The speed in the efficiency that they can work at... Just incredible. Looking forward to the next installment.
    It just goes to show just how well they know what they're doing

There goes your warranty

Awesome video. Those guys made that look so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast