Unidentified oil leak

Rampart22

Ok gang. Looking for some newb help. Just parked my 2019 JLU rubicon and noticed a fairly significant oil leak but haven’t quite identified where from yet... purchased beginning of the this year. So far I have EVO 2.5 inch lift with kings, and 37 inch motor with bead locks. I’ve installed the tazer and a bumper. No internal mods. I’ve changed the oil on my own and only have 6k miles on Jeep. I have a few questions:
1) Has anyone had an oil leak on the JL?
2) If I can’t ID leak I’m assuming the dealer is next best option. Ughhh
3) Should I uninstall the tazer before trip to mechanic?

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for being a newb.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Ok gang. Looking for some newb help. Just parked my 2019 JLU rubicon and noticed a fairly significant oil leak but haven’t quite identified where from yet... purchased beginning of the this year. So far I have EVO 2.5 inch lift with kings, and 37 inch motor with bead locks. I’ve installed the tazer and a bumper. No internal mods. I’ve changed the oil on my own and only have 6k miles on Jeep. I have a few questions:
1) Has anyone had an oil leak on the JL?
2) If I can’t ID leak I’m assuming the dealer is next best option. Ughhh
3) Should I uninstall the tazer before trip to mechanic?

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for being a newb.

Post some pics. What area of the engine is the leak coming from?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Anytime you take it to the dealer, unmarry the Tazer and then uninstall Tazer components. Don't forget the SGW Bypass Module if you have the two-piece.

Last edited:

Rampart22

Well,

Dealer identified the cause of the leak as a cracked oil filter housing. Apparently the new replacement part is in national backorder with no anticipated date.

That tells me this is a bigger issue and the dealer is anticipating a recall as 2 other jeeps were in the shop for same thing. I’m told they don’t even have the part made yet. Ughhh there goes my summer Tahoe Jeep trip...☹️