Bumper suggestions

Viper

So I currently have a cheap Chinese bumper with led lights in it that continuously break. The bumper itself has bent and the powder coating has chipped. So I'm getting a new one. Does anyone have a suggestion for a great bumper? I need something I can beat the crap out of and drive in Michigan winters. My Jeep is also my daily driver. The bumper has to have spots for light cubes but not necessarily the factory fogs. Also I have a warn VR8 winch so it needs to fit that. Any suggestions?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I would look to LOD (retains fogs) and EVO (does not retain fogs) for strength and durability as both are steel. I currently have an LOD Destroyer Shorty on my JLUR which I like very much.

For rust resistance I would look toward Genright as their JL offerings are fabricated from aluminum. I had their AL bumpers on the front and rear of my JKUR, and was also very satisfied. Genright front bumpers do not retain fogs.

Viper

Those look great. I am trying to find something extreme terrain carries in case they will let me exchange for a more expensive bumper. How are poison Spyder and Addictive desert designs?

Extreme Terrain has a poor reputation for unprofessional behavior here.

I don't have any personal experience running Poison Spyder, but everything I've seen on others' rigs leads me to believe their quality is good.

I have zero exposure to ADD, but there stuff looks kind of gimmicky, to me.

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

Last edited:

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Those look great. I am trying to find something extreme terrain carries in case they will let me exchange for a more expensive bumper. How are poison Spyder and Addictive desert designs?

Give us a call and we can work up a quote for you! Also we offer forum discounts as well as Military/Service personnel discounts!:thumb:

Viper

Extreme Terrain has a poor reputation for unprofessional behavior here.

I don't have any personal experience running their stuff, but everything I've seen on others' rigs leads me to believe their quality is good.

I have zero exposure to ADD, but there stuff looks kind of gimmicky, to me.

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.
Extreme terrain extremely sucks. Was a mistake buying from them. But if I can get a discount on a high quality bumper I'll take it.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Extreme terrain extremely sucks. Was a mistake buying from them. But if I can get a discount on a high quality bumper I'll take it.

This logic kills me. Have a backbone.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Viper

Exactly but you said if you can get a discount you will still buy from them.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Ah I was referring to if they only let me get credit towards another bumper or a replacement of the same bumper since I'm past any kind of return period on this bumper. I'd hope they would stand by their product especially since the bumper is made by Barricade, which is owned by the same guy as extreme terrain. If they give me a refund I am going elsewhere but I doubt they will. Seems like my best bet is trying to get them to credit me towards a different bumper if I return this one since I don't want to deal with another one of these.