35 spline rear axle shafts

heck

ARB has a 35 spline locker available now... RD246. But to my knowledge there are no 35 spline axle shafts yet. Is this on Dynatrac's radar? Thank you.

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
Other than the obvious, spline count, what is the size difference when you go to 35 spline? How much stronger are they?

35 spline is much bigger and the same size as most 1 ton axle shafts. That alone makes them much stronger than stock shafts.

But wait, there’s more...

Because the shafts are larger, they have more surface area at the flange which helps (not totally prevent) mitigate bent flange syndrome. It can still happen and I’m sure Ddays can testify to that.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

Because the shafts are larger, they have more surface area at the flange which helps (not totally prevent) mitigate bent flange syndrome. It can still happen and I’m sure Ddays can testify to that.

LOL, that's for damn sure, but on the plus side, I'm faster than a Nascar pit crew at changing those mothers out! :yup:

I'm gonna be calling you soon to order replacements. That damn chirping is starting to piss me off when I have my doors off