Thread: 35 spline rear axle shafts

Fresh Catch

35 spline rear axle shafts

ARB has a 35 spline locker available now... RD246. But to my knowledge there are no 35 spline axle shafts yet. Is this on Dynatrac's radar? Thank you.

I know Revolution is working on it, but not sure about anyone else. Front 35 splines are available.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I know Revolution is working on it, but not sure about anyone else. Front 35 splines are available.

Other than the obvious, spline count, what is the size difference when you go to 35 spline? How much stronger are they?
    His: 2015 JKUR

Hers: 2018 JLUR

Quote Originally Posted by Jdofmemi View Post
    Other than the obvious, spline count, what is the size difference when you go to 35 spline? How much stronger are they?
    35 spline is much bigger and the same size as most 1 ton axle shafts. That alone makes them much stronger than stock shafts.

But wait, thereís more...

Because the shafts are larger, they have more surface area at the flange which helps (not totally prevent) mitigate bent flange syndrome. It can still happen and Iím sure Ddays can testify to that.

Fresh Catch

Awesome, thanks.

For the front, is it 35 spline all the way to the yoke, then 1410, then 32 spline stub? Does it neck down at all where the FAD is?

Quote Originally Posted by heck View Post
    Awesome, thanks.

For the front, is it 35 spline all the way to the yoke, then 1410, then 32 spline stub? Does it neck down at all where the FAD is?
    RCV is the only company Iím aware of that is producing 35 spline front axle shafts right now

Because the shafts are larger, they have more surface area at the flange which helps (not totally prevent) mitigate bent flange syndrome. It can still happen and Iím sure Ddays can testify to that.
    LOL, that's for damn sure, but on the plus side, I'm faster than a Nascar pit crew at changing those mothers out!

I'm gonna be calling you soon to order replacements. That damn chirping is starting to piss me off when I have my doors off

Fresh Catch
    RCV is the only company Iím aware of that is producing 35 spline front axle shafts right now

Ah ok I thought you meant revolution made a set. Thanks for all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by heck View Post
    Ah ok I thought you meant revolution made a set. Thanks for all the info.
    Iím sure it wonít be long, but for now they donít