Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 35 spline rear axle shafts

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    west
    Posts
    7

    35 spline rear axle shafts

    ARB has a 35 spline locker available now... RD246. But to my knowledge there are no 35 spline axle shafts yet. Is this on Dynatrac's radar? Thank you.

  2. #2
    I know Revolution is working on it, but not sure about anyone else. Front 35 splines are available.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I know Revolution is working on it, but not sure about anyone else. Front 35 splines are available.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Other than the obvious, spline count, what is the size difference when you go to 35 spline? How much stronger are they?
    His: 2015 JKUR

    Hers: 2018 JLUR

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdofmemi View Post
    Other than the obvious, spline count, what is the size difference when you go to 35 spline? How much stronger are they?
    35 spline is much bigger and the same size as most 1 ton axle shafts. That alone makes them much stronger than stock shafts.

    But wait, thereís more...

    Because the shafts are larger, they have more surface area at the flange which helps (not totally prevent) mitigate bent flange syndrome. It can still happen and Iím sure Ddays can testify to that.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    west
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I know Revolution is working on it, but not sure about anyone else. Front 35 splines are available.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Awesome, thanks.

    For the front, is it 35 spline all the way to the yoke, then 1410, then 32 spline stub? Does it neck down at all where the FAD is?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by heck View Post
    Awesome, thanks.

    For the front, is it 35 spline all the way to the yoke, then 1410, then 32 spline stub? Does it neck down at all where the FAD is?
    RCV is the only company Iím aware of that is producing 35 spline front axle shafts right now


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #7
    Been Around the Block ddays v2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Because the shafts are larger, they have more surface area at the flange which helps (not totally prevent) mitigate bent flange syndrome. It can still happen and Iím sure Ddays can testify to that.
    LOL, that's for damn sure, but on the plus side, I'm faster than a Nascar pit crew at changing those mothers out!

    I'm gonna be calling you soon to order replacements. That damn chirping is starting to piss me off when I have my doors off

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    west
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    RCV is the only company Iím aware of that is producing 35 spline front axle shafts right now


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Ah ok I thought you meant revolution made a set. Thanks for all the info.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by heck View Post
    Ah ok I thought you meant revolution made a set. Thanks for all the info.
    Iím sure it wonít be long, but for now they donít


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •