S#!T's About to Get REAL for JET - EVO JL Wrangler Long Arms & Coilovers

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
:cheesy: Thank you :)

Yeah, they're pretty small for what we're running. Almost pulled the trigger on 40's but I know we'd break shit. :rolleyes2:

What's really crazy is that this isn't even everything. We could have flexed it out more but we were seeing considerable rubbing issues that need to be addressed.

I think it’s the width. The coopers look a lot bigger.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

heck

As I stated, we were in the process of "cycling the suspension to make sure we’re getting every last drop of travel". As in, we were still making adjustments and yes, taller bump stops were installed.

BTW, welcome to JLWRANGLER.

:thumb:

Pretty cool that they don't overbump you like 90% of "lift kits". Easier to add than take away in the case of one piece blocks. And one thing I like about king compared to fox is toolless spring removal so there's no excuse not to cycle the suspension. Hopefully everyone buying these kits or any other kit is doing that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think it’s the width. The coopers look a lot bigger.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Oh yeah, the Coopers are physically bigger in size. Not only because what we had were 13.50s but I'm pretty sure even the 12.50s are wider than Trail Grapplers. After installing them, even Mel said we should have gone with 40's :rolleyes2:

heck

It would be crazy not to.

I mean, word on the street is there are/were some binding issues with different kits... something that would have been found in unsprung cycling, not on the RTI ramp where you could blow a bearing or bend a shaft. So I think a lot of people just throw stuff on. I don't care if it's a $50 rancho shock I will still cycle.

JAGS

My goal has always been these CO/long arms for my JL, after seeing these even a little bit here, the only thing that's changed is the rate in which I will plan to put money in my savings account lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I’m screwed! Lol. Because it’s my daily, was really thinking long arm for the road manners. Now I’m gonna have to decide between CO and the king 2.5s.

Biggest consideration in the LA kit is the additional install. Shits adding up fast. $$$

benatc1

I’m screwed! Lol. Because it’s my daily, was really thinking long arm for the road manners. Now I’m gonna have to decide between CO and the king 2.5s.

Biggest consideration in the LA kit is the additional install. Shits adding up fast. $$$
Lol! I won't do anything like this until the jeep is paid off, and a weekender. Which gives me time to save lol. That's why I went with Rancho for now.

But you do bring up a good point about install time, that alone for the arms will add up, I plan to tackle that project myself down the road so well see if can learn to weld from my dad by then.

Im sure you'd love the 2.5 kings with plush rides, but man look at all the CO flex!

JAGS

In my opinion, the ride is without question, better than stock on pavement and crazy smoother off road.

What's really crazy is that this isn't even everything. We could have flexed it out more but we were seeing considerable rubbing issues that need to be addressed.

Well, now we’re gettin to the good stuff! As you know, I’ve been waiting for you to make the sacrificial leap. Lol.

Jet looks great and look forward to hearing more about this set up. How the LA kit took advantage of previous suspension mods you’ve been tinkering with. Or what all you replaced.

Also looking forward to your solution on the issues discovered.

I hope to get a lift on the JL and back out wheeling with you guys before another year passes. [emoji33] Ha Ha.

MrGiant

In my opinion, the ride is without question, better than stock on pavement and crazy smoother off road.

LOL! Hoping to get them both out sooner than later but JET definitely has the advantage on flex.
You must be kidding! Moby has some crazy flex (thinking of carnage canyon in the past)
Mean machine.....

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JAGS

Lol! I won't do anything like this until the jeep is paid off, and a weekender. Which gives me time to save lol. That's why I went with Rancho for now.

But you do bring up a good point about install time, that alone for the arms will add up, I plan to tackle that project myself down the road so well see if can learn to weld from my dad by then.

Im sure you'd love the 2.5 kings with plush rides, but man look at all the CO flex!

Who knows....maybe I’ll still end up with Rancho??? I know a guy who might have that lift lying around now. [emoji23][emoji23]

I’m curious to know how much flex would be lost between the COs and the 2.5s??

benatc1

Who knows....maybe I’ll still end up with Rancho??? I know a guy who might have that lift lying around now. [emoji23][emoji23]

Yea I'd be interested in seeing the difference too. It wasn't that much in the JK world. But sounds like these JL ones might get more than a DTD[emoji33]

CalSgt

Super jealous.... Looks like it works great.

Did you use the EVO spring rates or did you customize? Also curious what the options are with the rear sway bar links since I have the same wheel and tire package as you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jet looks great and look forward to hearing more about this set up. How the LA kit took advantage of previous suspension mods you’ve been tinkering with. Or what all you replaced.

Also looking forward to your solution on the issues discovered.

We were able to keep the Synergy Steering system and Rancho rear track bar. EVO has a front track bar that comes with the kit and so we just installed it. Otherwise, everything pretty much got replaced.

Otherwise, new wheels with less back spacing will be needed.

You must be kidding! Moby has some crazy flex (thinking of carnage canyon in the past)
Mean machine.....

MOBY has 14" of travel and JET now has 15" :yup:

It's not just the flex, the ride quality of the EVO coilovers and long arms is far superior. :yup:

Yea I'd be interested in seeing the difference too. It wasn't that much in the JK world. But sounds like these JL ones might get more than a DTD[emoji33]

More travel for sure and the coilovers are 2.5's. However, the addition of triple bypass shocks on Moby still make him faster. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Super jealous.... Looks like it works great.

Did you use the EVO spring rates or did you customize? Also curious what the options are with the rear sway bar links since I have the same wheel and tire package as you.

We just used what came from EVO. Always best to start there and so far, I think it's a good fit for us. :yup: