Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: S#!T's About to Get REAL for JET - EVO JL Wrangler Long Arms & Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    In my opinion, the ride is without question, better than stock on pavement and crazy smoother off road.

What's really crazy is that this isn't even everything. We could have flexed it out more but we were seeing considerable rubbing issues that need to be addressed.
    Well, now weíre gettin to the good stuff! As you know, Iíve been waiting for you to make the sacrificial leap. Lol.

Jet looks great and look forward to hearing more about this set up. How the LA kit took advantage of previous suspension mods youíve been tinkering with. Or what all you replaced.

Also looking forward to your solution on the issues discovered.

I hope to get a lift on the JL and back out wheeling with you guys before another year passes. Ha Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    In my opinion, the ride is without question, better than stock on pavement and crazy smoother off road.

LOL! Hoping to get them both out sooner than later but JET definitely has the advantage on flex.
    You must be kidding! Moby has some crazy flex (thinking of carnage canyon in the past)
    Mean machine.....

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Lol! I won't do anything like this until the jeep is paid off, and a weekender. Which gives me time to save lol. That's why I went with Rancho for now.

But you do bring up a good point about install time, that alone for the arms will add up, I plan to tackle that project myself down the road so well see if can learn to weld from my dad by then.

Im sure you'd love the 2.5 kings with plush rides, but man look at all the CO flex!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Who knows....maybe Iíll still end up with Rancho??? I know a guy who might have that lift lying around now.

Iím curious to know how much flex would be lost between the COs and the 2.5s??

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Who knows....maybe Iíll still end up with Rancho??? I know a guy who might have that lift lying around now.

Yea I'd be interested in seeing the difference too. It wasn't that much in the JK world. But sounds like these JL ones might get more than a DTD

WOW! That is awesome Eddie. I think the 37 12.50s look great on there.
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Wow. Came out great!

Super jealous.... Looks like it works great.

Did you use the EVO spring rates or did you customize? Also curious what the options are with the rear sway bar links since I have the same wheel and tire package as you.

Looking very nice!!! Congratulations on getting this set up done and online for us to see.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jet looks great and look forward to hearing more about this set up. How the LA kit took advantage of previous suspension mods youíve been tinkering with. Or what all you replaced.

Also looking forward to your solution on the issues discovered.
    We were able to keep the Synergy Steering system and Rancho rear track bar. EVO has a front track bar that comes with the kit and so we just installed it. Otherwise, everything pretty much got replaced.

Otherwise, new wheels with less back spacing will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    You must be kidding! Moby has some crazy flex (thinking of carnage canyon in the past)
    Mean machine.....
    MOBY has 14" of travel and JET now has 15"

It's not just the flex, the ride quality of the EVO coilovers and long arms is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Yea I'd be interested in seeing the difference too. It wasn't that much in the JK world. But sounds like these JL ones might get more than a DTD
    More travel for sure and the coilovers are 2.5's. However, the addition of triple bypass shocks on Moby still make him faster.

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Super jealous.... Looks like it works great.

Did you use the EVO spring rates or did you customize? Also curious what the options are with the rear sway bar links since I have the same wheel and tire package as you.
    We just used what came from EVO. Always best to start there and so far, I think it's a good fit for us.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast