• metalcloak 3.5" gamechanger with rocksports and drive shaft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.5" rockkrawler xfactor with rock krawler shocks and drive shaft

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Evo 3.5" enforcer all arms with drop brackets and driver shaft

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Reaper

I have been trying to decide between these three lifts for a while now. Evo we all know and its good just a lot more expensive. Rock Krawler is similar and has a life time warranty on hard parts and is about 1k cheaper. Metalcloak seems to be a little further ahead in the engineering and technology, but the warranty is not there comparatively. Here is my question how much articulation can I expect for the different kits comparatively with each other and which one would you buy and why when the prices differ this much for the same components?evo.jpgrock krawler.JPGmetalcloak.JPG

MSUConrad

I compared the exactly three for weeks before pulling the trigger. I was able to ride in new JLs with each of the lifts prior to purchasing, so this is just my view of each one.

EVO: This kit rode the best, however with bumpers / winch / rear tire it did squat more than the others. With 37's, he still had rubbing and wished he'd done taller springs. He also had King shocks on it, so that may have helped with the best ride as well.

Rock Krawler: Kit seemed to be just as well built as the others, but it rode the worst. Like a lot worse.

MetalCloak: Great ride and well built. This is the one I purchased for myself and installed - 3.5". A few points:

1. I really hope the joints hold up to expectations. Not having to rebuild Johnny Joints was a plus, so we will see how they age.
2. It's gold. Thought it would bug me more, but you really only see small parts of it and it's not as bad as in their pictures.
3. Ride is good, but I'm not happy with the shock setup. They are fine on the highway, but off-road I need something better.
4. There is a LOT of flex (may be the same with the other kits), but I still get some rubbing with 37" STT Pros on KMC 231 beadlocks in the rear at full articulation.

IMG_20190602_112542.jpg
IMG_6307.jpg
MVIMG_20190602_135627.jpg
2019-06-02_14-19-11_764 (2).jpg

Reaper

I compared the exactly three for weeks before pulling the trigger. I was able to ride in new JLs with each of the lifts prior to purchasing, so this is just my view of each one.

EVO: This kit rode the best, however with bumpers / winch / rear tire it did squat more than the others. With 37's, he still had rubbing and wished he'd done taller springs. He also had King shocks on it, so that may have helped with the best ride as well.

Rock Krawler: Kit seemed to be just as well built as the others, but it rode the worst. Like a lot worse.

MetalCloak: Great ride and well built. This is the one I purchased for myself and installed - 3.5". A few points:

1. I really hope the joints hold up to expectations. Not having to rebuild Johnny Joints was a plus, so we will see how they age.
2. It's gold. Thought it would bug me more, but you really only see small parts of it and it's not as bad as in their pictures.
3. Ride is good, but I'm not happy with the shock setup. They are fine on the highway, but off-road I need something better.
4. There is a LOT of flex (may be the same with the other kits), but I still get some rubbing with 37" STT Pros on KMC 231 beadlocks in the rear at full articulation.

View attachment 11711
View attachment 11712
View attachment 11713
View attachment 11714

How do you feel about the metal cloak warranty vs the others? I really want to go with metalcloak but that warranty makes me balk at it.

MSUConrad

Honestly I had no idea that any of the lifts had a warranty. I will say that I had an issue with one sway bar link, bolt came off and threads got damaged. I called a told them that I forgot to torque them down, and they sent out two new ones for free. Maybe not a warranty, but excellent customer service.

From what I read, I’d expect the same level of customer service from all three companies.

Andy

View attachment 11711
View attachment 11712
View attachment 11713
View attachment 11714
So if I went with evo 3.5 inch eventually it would settle to 3 inches or lower with aftermarket bumpers and such?? Wonder how much it drops.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

DallasJeeper77

Been considering he Metalcloak for a while too. Waiting just a bit before pulling the trigger but it seems to have the most tech. Also, articulation seems better because of the joints and all.

I’ve heard bad things about their 6pak shocks. May just go with Fox but I’m not sure how much travel the Fox shocks have.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
It was a given that they are ALL quality lifts. Which means you have to look at other factors. Price, Warranty and performance.

Warranties are great when you are broken down out on a trail with no cell phone coverage.

It was a given that they are ALL quality lifts. Which means you have to look at other factors. Price, Warranty and performance.
Why is it a GIVEN? Quality is somewhat subjective, or at least experiential, and two of the brands OP asked about have a luke-warm to bad reputation within WAL, for the most part. The majority will say Evo out those choices.

Hella Yella 2018 JLUR. V6. Auto. Uniden 880 cb. Vision X Dura-M460 cube lights.

Last edited: