Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: New Ecodiesel Numbers

  1. #11
    Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    What color are you going with?
    Difficult question lol...top contenders (in this order) were Hella yella, mojito, white. Now, Hella yella, mojito/bikini (tie), white. When I got my 14 dune, it was the worst year in the last decade for colors. My 12 was crush and I miss it. The pumkin IMHO, isn't as good looking as crush (and mojito IMHO isn't as nice as gecko.) While I absolutely LOVE bikini (and like mojito) Ive been driving nice cars for quite some time, and being in the north east, have had to deal with body shops from minor paint damage forever. On a jeep, touching up parts here and there is common (as we've seen Eddie do numerous times), and while the heart loves bikini and mojito, the brain is saying (from experience) that both mojito and bikini will be almost impossible (basically impossible) to paint match, so the logical part of my brain is saying yellow or white.

  2. #12
    Been Around the Block dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Difficult question lol...top contenders (in this order) were Hella yella, mojito, white. Now, Hella yella, mojito/bikini (tie), white. When I got my 14 dune, it was the worst year in the last decade for colors. My 12 was crush and I miss it. The pumkin IMHO, isn't as good looking as crush (and mojito IMHO isn't as nice as gecko.) While I absolutely LOVE bikini (and like mojito) Ive been driving nice cars for quite some time, and being in the north east, have had to deal with body shops from minor paint damage forever. On a jeep, touching up parts here and there is common (as we've seen Eddie do numerous times), and while the heart loves bikini and mojito, the brain is saying (from experience) that both mojito and bikini will be almost impossible (basically impossible) to paint match, so the logical part of my brain is saying yellow or white.
    I have always heard yellow is one of the hardest colors to paint match.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  3. #13
    Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    I have always heard yellow is one of the hardest colors to paint match.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Flat colors are generally not an issue with today's modern paint. However, pearls, especially complex ones with more than one pigment are, so between pigment load, direction of spray, etc, it makes it extremely difficult.

  4. #14
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,990
    You're overthinking it. Just get whatever color pitches you're tent.

  5. #15
    Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    You're overthinking it. Just get whatever color pitches you're tent.
    lol, but many pitch my tent.....I'll wait until I can actually order, knowing my luck, jeep will kill off all the cool colors

  6. #16
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    lol, but many pitch my tent.....I'll wait until I can actually order, knowing my luck, jeep will kill off all the cool colors
    Lol. You know you can always count on white, black, red and seven different grays.

    20190909_143457.jpg
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 09-09-2019 at 12:35 PM.

  7. #17
    Hooked DEFCON1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Current location is Pacific NW.
    Posts
    131
    Iím hoping they introduce sarge green again.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •