New Ecodiesel Numbers

NFRs2000NYC

Sweet, so Im definitely going to have a nice birthday this year. Im guessing the 442 vs the 480 is software related, probably because of cooling. Im also excited to see what Green Diesel engineering will do with the motor, especially down low. Makes a WORLD of difference on the grand cherokee, not to mention, something like an exhaust that flows better, EGR deletes, etc.

JTCO

Meme King
Sweet, so Im definitely going to have a nice birthday this year. Im guessing the 442 vs the 480 is software related, probably because of cooling. Im also excited to see what Green Diesel engineering will do with the motor, especially down low. Makes a WORLD of difference on the grand cherokee, not to mention, something like an exhaust that flows better, EGR deletes, etc.

What color are you going with?

NFRs2000NYC

What color are you going with?

Difficult question lol...top contenders (in this order) were Hella yella, mojito, white. Now, Hella yella, mojito/bikini (tie), white. When I got my 14 dune, it was the worst year in the last decade for colors. My 12 was crush and I miss it. The pumkin IMHO, isn't as good looking as crush (and mojito IMHO isn't as nice as gecko.) While I absolutely LOVE bikini (and like mojito) Ive been driving nice cars for quite some time, and being in the north east, have had to deal with body shops from minor paint damage forever. On a jeep, touching up parts here and there is common (as we've seen Eddie do numerous times), and while the heart loves bikini and mojito, the brain is saying (from experience) that both mojito and bikini will be almost impossible (basically impossible) to paint match, so the logical part of my brain is saying yellow or white.

dixonk

Difficult question lol...top contenders (in this order) were Hella yella, mojito, white. Now, Hella yella, mojito/bikini (tie), white. When I got my 14 dune, it was the worst year in the last decade for colors. My 12 was crush and I miss it. The pumkin IMHO, isn't as good looking as crush (and mojito IMHO isn't as nice as gecko.) While I absolutely LOVE bikini (and like mojito) Ive been driving nice cars for quite some time, and being in the north east, have had to deal with body shops from minor paint damage forever. On a jeep, touching up parts here and there is common (as we've seen Eddie do numerous times), and while the heart loves bikini and mojito, the brain is saying (from experience) that both mojito and bikini will be almost impossible (basically impossible) to paint match, so the logical part of my brain is saying yellow or white.

I have always heard yellow is one of the hardest colors to paint match.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Ugh.....just saw the new TFL video on the diesel wrangler with the Jeep brand ambassador....Torque numbers are 442 (supposedly programmed to come on lower than the ram) but the major downer, all diesels will have an across the board 3.73 axle ratio. Im wondering if they did this because of strength, and what the 4:1 transfer case will be doing with torque output with 442ft/lbs. Im not gonna lie, Im a little bummed, wasn't planning on a quick regear after slapping on 37s.

13_gecko_rubi

Ugh.....just saw the new TFL video on the diesel wrangler with the Jeep brand ambassador....Torque numbers are 442 (supposedly programmed to come on lower than the ram) but the major downer, all diesels will have an across the board 3.73 axle ratio. Im wondering if they did this because of strength, and what the 4:1 transfer case will be doing with torque output with 442ft/lbs. Im not gonna lie, Im a little bummed, wasn't planning on a quick regear after slapping on 37s.

What makes you think you’d need to regear? 37s and 3.73s will be no issue with that much torque.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

I guess my prejudice stems from the gasser wranglers. Also not gonna lie, a bit bummed the gas capacity is only 18 gallons vs 22. Curious, are the gear ratios in the transmission different than the 8 speed of a gasser?