New Ecodiesel Numbers

JTCO

Meme King
Ugh.....just saw the new TFL video on the diesel wrangler with the Jeep brand ambassador....Torque numbers are 442 (supposedly programmed to come on lower than the ram) but the major downer, all diesels will have an across the board 3.73 axle ratio. Im wondering if they did this because of strength, and what the 4:1 transfer case will be doing with torque output with 442ft/lbs. Im not gonna lie, Im a little bummed, wasn't planning on a quick regear after slapping on 37s.

Sounds like you'll need to test drive one and see :thumb:

DEFCON1

I guess my prejudice stems from the gasser wranglers. Also not gonna lie, a bit bummed the gas capacity is only 18 gallons vs 22. Curious, are the gear ratios in the transmission different than the 8 speed of a gasser?

Because of the dynamic of the torque figures, running anything greater than a 3.73 even up to 35s would be uncomfortable to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Sounds like you'll need to test drive one and see :thumb:

Nah, regardless, Im getting the diesel, and will regear if necessary. My only concern would be that amount of torque, multiplied, through a smaller pinion. I've been waiting this long, no chance Im backing out now.:thumb: