what 2" lift kit to choose

genelee112601

Good day members

i current own 2018 JLU Rubicon and have installed a Teraflex 1.5" Leveling kit with Mopar Beadlock wheels

just ordered 315/7017 tires and can't focus what to do with lift things

1st : keep the Teraflex 1.5" lift kit with 35" tires

2nd : Rancho 2" lift kit with 35" tires ( im really want 2" lift only )

anyone with 2" Rancho kit can please chime in your experience on the kit , also why did you choose Rancho over all other lift kits

thanks very much , happy wheeling !

benatc1

Good day members

i current own 2018 JLU Rubicon and have installed a Teraflex 1.5" Leveling kit with Mopar Beadlock wheels

just ordered 315/7017 tires and can't focus what to do with lift things

1st : keep the Teraflex 1.5" lift kit with 35" tires

2nd : Rancho 2" lift kit with 35" tires ( im really want 2" lift only )

anyone with 2" Rancho kit can please chime in your experience on the kit , also why did you choose Rancho over all other lift kits

thanks very much , happy wheeling !
I have the Rancho 2" on my JLUR. Very happy with it so far, rides nice, was easy to install, and is complete with everything you need for 2" of lift (as far as I've found so far anyway). Pris is great for the whole kit AND shocks..

Went with Rancho for 3 reasons. 1 - ran their 2" kit on my old JK and was very happy, 2- Eddie made a good recommendation for a budget cost lift with lots of capability. 3- eventually I'll do coil overs and long arms so being how inexpensive and capable it is, it's a great starting point till I get to where I'm ready for all the fun, expensive stuff. Overall great kit, I went with the 9k shocks as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

genelee112601

Rancho, Synergy, and Dynatrac are the ones I would consider for 2” lift. I have the Dynatrac on my 2-door and have been happy with it. I guess it depends one your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

thanks for the comments

im current really focusing on Rancho kit and real lift kit , not a space lift kit

and Rancho is been on industry for really long time , when i was a kid my cousen had a Tacoma with Rancho shocks that is giving me a good confidence on the brand name haha

genelee112601

I have the Rancho 2" on my JLUR. Very happy with it so far, rides nice, was easy to install, and is complete with everything you need for 2" of lift (as far as I've found so far anyway). Pris is great for the whole kit AND shocks..

Went with Rancho for 3 reasons. 1 - ran their 2" kit on my old JK and was very happy, 2- Eddie made a good recommendation for a budget cost lift with lots of capability. 3- eventually I'll do coil overs and long arms so being how inexpensive and capable it is, it's a great starting point till I get to where I'm ready for all the fun, expensive stuff. Overall great kit, I went with the 9k shocks as well.

yes ! im more like to pulling the trigger to Rancho kit just wanted to get some more infos from members with Rancho kit

prob im going with RS66122BR9 witch has adjustable shocks

thanks for great coments :)

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
I know a lot of people have asked in the past about the Dynatrac lift, but we never had any experience with them so we weren’t able to offer feedback. Well we just installed one on a JL and can say for sure the average NET lift across the entire vehicle was 1.95”, close enough to say the lift does was it advertises. I’m sure after some driving it will settle in a little as well. The customer also added 35” Ridge Grapplers and Synergy wheel spacers to complete the look. We think it came out perfect. Keep in mind the 1.95” is taking out the lift from the tires.
IMG_3249.jpg

ddays v2

I know a lot of people have asked in the past about the Dynatrac lift, but we never had any experience with them so we weren’t able to offer feedback. Well we just installed one on a JL and can say for sure the average NET lift across the entire vehicle was 1.95”, close enough to say the lift does was it advertises. I’m sure after some driving it will settle in a little as well. The customer also added 35” Ridge Grapplers and Synergy wheel spacers to complete the look. We think it came out perfect. Keep in mind the 1.95” is taking out the lift from the tires.
View attachment 11852

Did you have a chance to drive it Bubba? Any impressions?

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
View attachment 11852

That bikini color and tan top is an awesome combo!

Growlz

Sorry for jumping into the thread but it seems like a good place to address this.

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on 35's in a few weeks for my JLUR and I'm also considering the Rancho 2" lift. I see that folks are running 37's with the 2" lifts and was wondering if the extra two inches on the Rubicon is a little too much for 35's. Should I just run the Jeep stock with the 35's? Just wondering what people think.

Thanks in advance for any input.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for jumping into the thread but it seems like a good place to address this.

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on 35's in a few weeks for my JLUR and I'm also considering the Rancho 2" lift. I see that folks are running 37's with the 2" lifts and was wondering if the extra two inches on the Rubicon is a little too much for 35's. Should I just run the Jeep stock with the 35's? Just wondering what people think.

The Rancho lift will yield a bit more than 2" of lift but it'll still be a good fit for 35's. If you don't install a lift, you will have rubbing issues.

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter

The JL in the pic I posted is a Rubicon, sans decals. Personally I think it looked good with the 315/70/17 tires (close enough to 35’s) and if they wanted to go 37”, they’d probably have enough room. The high line fenders make just enough difference.

drhcobra

I have the Dynatrac 2" lift and have run both the 315's and now 37's. I think it looks good either way. You will have absolutely no rubbing with 315's and a little with the 37's but depending on what you do you may never notice.

315's
IMG_0750.JPG

37's
IMG_0841.jpg

benatc1

For what it's worth, as stated before I chose Rancho for all those reasons, but Dynatrac was my first choice, but opted to save money and do the Rancho being it isnt my end goal, knowing it was a good system as well.