Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what 2" lift kit to choose

Quote Originally Posted by Growlz View Post
    Sorry for jumping into the thread but it seems like a good place to address this.

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on 35's in a few weeks for my JLUR and I'm also considering the Rancho 2" lift. I see that folks are running 37's with the 2" lifts and was wondering if the extra two inches on the Rubicon is a little too much for 35's. Should I just run the Jeep stock with the 35's? Just wondering what people think.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The Rancho lift will yield a bit more than 2" of lift but it'll still be a good fit for 35's. If you don't install a lift, you will have rubbing issues.
    I'm running 35's on mine (JLUR) and when it's wheeled hard where it's flexing a lot I do get quite a bit of rubbing. So much that I would not want to do it all the time.

I am leaning towards the Dynatrac lift for the time being because I want to do what Benatc1 is doing - small first step and then one giant one. With my '14 I went through too many parts to get to where I am now with it. It was fun learning, but I could have saved a bunch of dough doing things once. This '19 is a daily driver so I want a smoother ride for now and not so high where customers and my wife bitch about getting in it. When it's not my daily anymore, then comes the high clearance LA kit & Coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    I'm running 35's on mine (JLUR) and when it's wheeled hard where it's flexing a lot I do get quite a bit of rubbing. So much that I would not want to do it all the time.

I am leaning towards the Dynatrac lift for the time being because I want to do what Benatc1 is doing - small first step and then one giant one. With my '14 I went through too many parts to get to where I am now with it. It was fun learning, but I could have saved a bunch of dough doing things once. This '19 is a daily driver so I want a smoother ride for now and not so high where customers and my wife bitch about getting in it. When it's not my daily anymore, then comes the high clearance LA kit & Coilovers.
    Ultimately I was able to get into the computer yesterday and adjust everything, so I was then able to air it down to 28 psi. The customer called me this morning to report they absolutely love it. I would think on a 4 door the net lift is probably going to be about 1/2 less than the 2 door. Although Im sure it would ride really well, this may not be enough lift for you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Ultimately I was able to get into the computer yesterday and adjust everything, so I was then able to air it down to 28 psi. The customer called me this morning to report they absolutely love it. I would think on a 4 door the net lift is probably going to be about 1/2 less than the 2 door. Although Im sure it would ride really well, this may not be enough lift for you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Hmmm. Maybe not then. Olram is running this kit with 37" Coopers. He said he gained an actual 2". Ultimately, I don't want to replace control arms yet and that's what I liked about the Dynatrac lift. Plus the tuned shocks are with it. Hell, back to the drawing board....

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Hmmm. Maybe not then. Olram is running this kit with 37" Coopers. He said he gained an actual 2". Ultimately, I don't want to replace control arms yet and that's what I liked about the Dynatrac lift. Plus the tuned shocks are with it. Hell, back to the drawing board....
    But I also have the fender mod that cleared up a lot of room.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    But I also have the fender mod that cleared up a lot of room.

Bingo - forgot about that. How are those turn signals holding up?

Bingo - forgot about that. How are those turn signals holding up?
    I like them, mine are the first version. The new ones come with an extra bolt that attaches to the side of the fender to help with the wind flop and I guess a new harness to eliminate the light out message.

Caught the Bug
    Just trying to inject a bit of balance in this thread. And don't take this the wrong way. There are many other lift kits besides Dynatrac and Rancho. Seems theres a bit of bias here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjcountry95 View Post
    Just trying to inject a bit of balance in this thread. And don't take this the wrong way. There are many other lift kits besides Dynatrac and Rancho. Seems theres a bit of bias here.
    Oh come on, of course there are a LOT of other kits out there other than Dynatrac and Rancho and ones that are a LOT better. The people here are just going off of what they know and or have seen and are just sharing as much. To call their opinions "bias" without even making a suggestion as to what you would recommend instead and why is kinda lame. Not trying to take a shot at you and hope you don't take this the wrong way, just trying to inject a bit of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjcountry95 View Post
    Well, it's what most people run for a 2" lift and are happy with. There's also synergy, but I can't recall anybody that's running it or a review.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    I was also looking at the Dynatrac and Rancho lifts when the time comes, and wanting to run 37s, I think I would need at least 2-2.5" of actual lift, but I tend to run heavier than the rigs above (steel bumpers, carrier, rotopax, winch, etc) so Im afraid of the sag that will net me too little lift. I really like the reviews on the EVO plushrides, because my Jeep is mainly a daily driver with one or two annual out west trips, so comfort on sh!tty east coast roads is important, but I know the plushrides are a bit soft, so I was thinking that going with the 3.5" plushrides with the added weight would net me around the 2-2.5" of lift that Im looking for. I guess when the time comes I'll ask plushride owners for their findings to see how much they lose in lift when they add a bit of weight at both ends.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast