JL JOURNAL : Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Steering Stabilizer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soon after installing a Synergy heavy duty drag link and tie-rod, Cindy and I had a number of people ask, why we didn't upgrade our steering stabilizer at the same time? The simple answer is, we just didn't feel the need for one. Fortunately, the new steering components and track bar we installed seemed to do a great job of firming things up and in all honestly, our OE stabilizer seemed to be doing its job just fine. But, after giving it some thought, I decided to contact Synergy, just to see if there might be something they would recommend to compliment their steering system and as I would come to find, a Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS is what they pointed me to. In this video, you'll get to see just how easy one is to install.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Fox Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS
With conventional steering stabilizers, turning in one direction creates an increase in pressure inside the stabilizer as the shaft occupies more volume in the body and displaces the oil. The repercussion is a push or pull steering force felt by the driver as the stabilizer attempts to return to its neutral state. To overcome this unidirectional force, dual opposing stabilizers are often used, but this requires additional mounting hardware and space.

Derived from the FOX's original ATS stabilizer, the Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS utilizes a Through Shaft (TS) architecture that eliminates shaft fluid displacement throughout the stabilizer's entire travel in both directions. By eliminating fluid displacement, the TS design delivers neutral and consistent damping of unwanted steering feedback. The result is unrivaled steering control at an unbelievable price point in a single, bolt-on stabilizer.

The Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS includes application specific mounting hardware and is available in multiple clamp sizes for stock or aftermarket heavy duty tie-rods.

DavidDJL69

In your opinion does a nearly $300 stabilizer make a significant difference in steering? The trackbar, drag link, and tie rod, yes. But is there a $300 difference between the Fox and the OEM stabilizers? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

shotcoach

In your opinion does a nearly $300 stabilizer make a significant difference in steering? The trackbar, drag link, and tie rod, yes. But is there a $300 difference between the Fox and the OEM stabilizers? Just curious.

According to the dealership I go to, an OEM steering stabilizer runs over $200. I think the price they gave me over the phone was $286. So $300 for an upgraded, quality aftermarket stabilizer is a lot more palatable.

JTCO

Meme King
Fixed my death wobble so yea, I'd say it's worth it. Heh.

Don't mean to be a dick (and I am very naive to the JL) but if the JL is like any other coil sprung solid axle Jeep, a stabilizer does NOT fix death wobble, it merely hides it. I was SOLD on another Jeep that a steering stabilizer fixed my death wobble but it showed up again, the stabilizer merely hid it.If steering geometry is correct, steering stabilizer is not needed.

benatc1

Personally, I would save your money and just run OE. Not that it's bad or anything, just that the OE is just as good in my opinion.
Yea that's kinda what I figured, may have to set what a new OE one goes for and decide from there.
After yesterday his OE is the same as running a solid steel bar lol

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Haha true, reminds me of what Eddie's looked like after the Rubicon trip last year

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ttfhell

View attachment 11621 View attachment 11622View attachment 11623
I have the better ATS version. Steering felt much better/tighter, so far so good. zero DW/wander issues.

I bought this model without looking at installed pics. Haven’t installed it as It looks like it will get destroyed in the rocks. Think I should’ve ordered the Jk (black/silver) option from Synergy.