Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Steering Stabilizer

Cool JL JOURNAL : Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Steering Stabilizer

Soon after installing a Synergy heavy duty drag link and tie-rod, Cindy and I had a number of people ask, why we didn't upgrade our steering stabilizer at the same time? The simple answer is, we just didn't feel the need for one. Fortunately, the new steering components and track bar we installed seemed to do a great job of firming things up and in all honestly, our OE stabilizer seemed to be doing its job just fine. But, after giving it some thought, I decided to contact Synergy, just to see if there might be something they would recommend to compliment their steering system and as I would come to find, a Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS is what they pointed me to. In this video, you'll get to see just how easy one is to install.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Fox Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS
    With conventional steering stabilizers, turning in one direction creates an increase in pressure inside the stabilizer as the shaft occupies more volume in the body and displaces the oil. The repercussion is a push or pull steering force felt by the driver as the stabilizer attempts to return to its neutral state. To overcome this unidirectional force, dual opposing stabilizers are often used, but this requires additional mounting hardware and space.

Derived from the FOX's original ATS stabilizer, the Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS utilizes a Through Shaft (TS) architecture that eliminates shaft fluid displacement throughout the stabilizer's entire travel in both directions. By eliminating fluid displacement, the TS design delivers neutral and consistent damping of unwanted steering feedback. The result is unrivaled steering control at an unbelievable price point in a single, bolt-on stabilizer.

The Performance Series 2.0 Stabilizer TS includes application specific mounting hardware and is available in multiple clamp sizes for stock or aftermarket heavy duty tie-rods.

Sweet! Been waiting to see this thing installed. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

IMG_1563.jpg IMG_1564.jpgIMG_1565.jpg
    I have the better ATS version. Steering felt much better/tighter, so far so good. zero DW/wander issues.

Last edited by arterius2; 06-07-2019 at 09:06 AM.

In your opinion does a nearly $300 stabilizer make a significant difference in steering? The trackbar, drag link, and tie rod, yes. But is there a $300 difference between the Fox and the OEM stabilizers? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDJL69 View Post
    In your opinion does a nearly $300 stabilizer make a significant difference in steering? The trackbar, drag link, and tie rod, yes. But is there a $300 difference between the Fox and the OEM stabilizers? Just curious.

Fixed my death wobble so yea, I'd say it's worth it. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDJL69 View Post

According to the dealership I go to, an OEM steering stabilizer runs over $200. I think the price they gave me over the phone was $286. So $300 for an upgraded, quality aftermarket stabilizer is a lot more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by arterius2 View Post
    Don't mean to be a dick (and I am very naive to the JL) but if the JL is like any other coil sprung solid axle Jeep, a stabilizer does NOT fix death wobble, it merely hides it. I was SOLD on another Jeep that a steering stabilizer fixed my death wobble but it showed up again, the stabilizer merely hid it.If steering geometry is correct, steering stabilizer is not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by arterius2 View Post
    It masked your death wobble. Didnít fix it.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

How are people liking this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    How are people liking this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Personally, I would save your money and just run OE. Not that it's bad or anything, just that the OE is just as good in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast