JL Wrangler 2.0L Hurricane Turbo Mild Hybrid : 48-Volt Lithium Ion Battery

13_gecko_rubi

I won't lie, I really would like to have a diesel in the truck but I really couldn't care less about having one in a JL. Certainly, it's not like you can even be sure to find diesel in some of the remote locations I've been but then, that is just me.
Heresay... everyone wants a manual 2 door diesel. I read it on the internet so it has to be true!!!

Sent via....

JLU_RUBI

@13_gecko_rubi

Does anyone have the dyno sheet or RPM specs yet on the 2.0?

The Diesel is not going to work for me as I almost exclusively drive city for 2-3 weeks at a time ( regen cycles).

So I am really interested in this power train. I'm not so much concerned about total HP of the 4cyl vs the V6. I know the Tq peak numbers etc, but that only tells a portion of the story. Seeing the curves will provide a better picture of drivability.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

@13_gecko_rubi

The Diesel is not going to work for me as I almost exclusively drive city for 2-3 weeks at a time ( regen cycles).

So I am really interested in this power train. I'm not so much concerned about total HP of the 4cyl vs the V6. I know the Tq peak numbers etc, but that only tells a portion of the story. Seeing the curves will provide a better picture of drivability.

Not yet. It’s coming “soon”. Having driven both I can tell you the 2L has a very broad torque curve and when it is in the boost it is amazing. There isn’t really any noticeable lag as the eTorque system makes up for it. Under normal driving it feels way peppier. I am impressed with it but everyone has their own view.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLU_RUBI

@13_gecko_rubi

Not yet. It’s coming “soon”. Having driven both I can tell you the 2L has a very broad torque curve and when it is in the boost it is amazing. There isn’t really any noticeable lag as the eTorque system makes up for it. Under normal driving it feels way peppier. I am impressed with it but everyone has their own view.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks man. I keep telling people that I think the 2L hits the sweet spot between the 3.6 and the Diesel. Forced induction small displacement motor should spool quickly and provide more and a broader torque range than a NA V6. PLUS, it lends itself to tuning in the aftermarket. I can see a reasonable tune producing 290 or so HP and 320 TQ on 93 octane. Maybe more. The complexity of the system concerns me but I am thinking this could be the more drivable platform both on and off road. Thoughts?

13_gecko_rubi

Thanks man. I keep telling people that I think the 2L hits the sweet spot between the 3.6 and the Diesel. Forced induction small displacement motor should spool quickly and provide more and a broader torque range than a NA V6. PLUS, it lends itself to tuning in the aftermarket. I can see a reasonable tune producing 290 or so HP and 320 TQ on 93 octane. Maybe more. The complexity of the system concerns me but I am thinking this could be the more drivable platform both on and off road. Thoughts?
I would agree totally both on and off road.

Sent via....

thblkprl

Heresay... everyone wants a manual 2 door diesel. I read it on the internet so it has to be true!!!

Sent via....

They also want it to be sub $20k, with no new-fangled ee-leck-troniks.

If it was actually released, they wouldn't buy it anyway. :rolleyes2:

Pipebndr

2.0 uses a 48 volt Battery?

Just reviewed the engine options and this YouTube video stated a 48 volt Lithium Ion battery and 3 cooling systems. Anyone out there heard of this? If it’s true, may be hidden expenses. Can’t imagine what a 48 volt Lithium Ion battery cost. Here is a link.

https://youtu.be/N-TOCIElSF4

JTCO

Meme King
Just reviewed the engine options and this YouTube video stated a 48 volt Lithium Ion battery and 3 cooling systems. Anyone out there heard of this? If it’s true, may be hidden expenses. Can’t imagine what a 48 volt Lithium Ion battery cost. Here is a link.

https://youtu.be/N-TOCIElSF4

Yes it is true. I merged your thread to this existing one. There's a good amount of info about it here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Every Jeep should come with a factory “burrito box” to warm up your lunch while wheeling.

LOL!! Manifold oven. Used to do this on the 4.0L as you could just put a burrito on the intake manifold. The 3.6L has a nice groove down the middle and a cover too. :D