Adjustable trackbar recommendations

Lurker

Been holding out for the synergy adjustable trackbars, but as they're still a couple months away, I'm open to getting something else. What's the preferred trackbar of the Wayalife forum?

The "other" JL forum seems to love the SteerSmarts option but I suspect y'all will have a different opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Rgk401

Been holding out for the synergy adjustable trackbars, but as they're still a couple months away, I'm open to getting something else. What's the preferred trackbar of the Wayalife forum?

The "other" JL forum seems to love the SteerSmarts option but I suspect y'all will have a different opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I GO A BIT OFF TOPIC SOMETIMES

Steersmart isn’t popular around here because how they pimped there shit a few years ago. I personally like synergy because the tie rod and drag link ends can be replaced for around $50 maybe less,and all the ends are the same and can be interchangeable. “I think”. Steersmart ends are over $150. Now since you asked about track bars I have the rock Krawler in the front and rear. So far it’s holding on good. I had steersmart tie rod,drag link,and track bar on my Jeep jk and it’s was a okay product. I did have a end go bad on the upper track bar “3000” miles and they would not replace it. After a few weeks of calling and emailing and no answer I took it to Instagram and started bashing there products and customer service and within 24 hours they called me. Turns out I had received a defected product.
Any way good luck and I hope I answered your questions. :)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I think I'm going to give the EVO track bars a shot, as I really need to get my front axle centered a bit more. I had a set of Core 4X4 adjustable track bars, but their front TB did not fit the factory axle mount and the rear track TB did not fit my EVO raised track bar mount.

I have the jks adjustable front track bar. It came with my lift, and it's worked really well. Heavier than stock. The last price I saw for it was $177 on sale iirc.

TFD

I think I'm going to give the EVO track bars a shot, as I really need to get my front axle centered a bit more. I had a set of Core 4X4 adjustable track bars, but their front TB did not fit the factory axle mount and the rear track TB did not fit my EVO raised track bar mount.

Interesting that you had trouble with core 4x4. I have the core 4x4 front track bar. Mine fit without issue. Were you able to return them?

WiscoHR

My core 4x4 took a little work on the edge of the track bar with a grinder but then slid right in after. The issue was the inside of the axle bracket had a bunch of shit welds sticking up but had no way to clean that up in the tight space.

Jeeeep

I GO A BIT OFF TOPIC SOMETIMES

Steersmart isn’t popular around here because how they pimped there shit a few years ago. I personally like synergy because the tie rod and drag link ends can be replaced for around $50 maybe less,and all the ends are the same and can be interchangeable. “I think”. Steersmart ends are over $150. Now since you asked about track bars I have the rock Krawler in the front and rear. So far it’s holding on good. I had steersmart tie rod,drag link,and track bar on my Jeep jk and it’s was a okay product. I did have a end go bad on the upper track bar “3000” miles and they would not replace it. After a few weeks of calling and emailing and no answer I took it to Instagram and started bashing there products and customer service and within 24 hours they called me. Turns out I had received a defected product.
Any way good luck and I hope I answered your questions. :)

I used Steersmart on my JK, tie rod, trackbar and drag link. The top mount drag link fail at the pitman arm less than 5000 miles (after a couple of trips to Moab)

They claimed the movement was by design and a bunch of other bullshit then they stalled on replacing it for months until they concluded it was install error :doh:

The track bar and tie rod boot seals kept failing and the ends wore out in less than 2 years...they did offer to send me new updated boots but not warranty the ends.

All their end links are stupid expensive to replace - $170+

I replaced it all with Currie and the original stock track bar. That's been several years ago, several off-road trips and still solid. replacement Currie parts are also affordable ...approx. $70 depending on which setup you go with.

look around at other alternatives and look at the cost of repair parts because eventually you will need to replace worn parts.

Check this out on the Rancho track bar:

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...BLE-Rancho-Adjustable-Front-Track-Bar-Install

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I used Steersmart on my JK, tie rod, trackbar and drag link. The top mount drag link fail at the pitman arm less than 5000 miles (after a couple of trips to Moab)

They claimed the movement was by design and a bunch of other bullshit then they stalled on replacing it for months until they concluded it was install error :doh:

The track bar and tie rod boot seals kept failing and the ends wore out in less than 2 years...they did offer to send me new updated boots but not warranty the ends.

All their end links are stupid expensive to replace - $170+

I replaced it all with Currie and the original stock track bar. That's been several years ago, several off-road trips and still solid. replacement Currie parts are also affordable ...approx. $70 depending on which setup you go with.

look around at other alternatives and look at the cost of repair parts because eventually you will need to replace worn parts.

Check this out on the Rancho track bar:

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...BLE-Rancho-Adjustable-Front-Track-Bar-Install

I so appreciate you sharing this real world experience here on the forum. :thumb: