Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Anyone currently using or used in the past LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders?

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Gardner, Kansas
    Posts
    46

    Anyone currently using or used in the past LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders?

    Looking for feedback on anyone currently using or has used in the past LOD's Destroyer Series Rock Sliders? They look awesome and are my first choice in a combo step/slider, just looking for some feedback on how well they work and how well have the fit and finish held up? Would greatly appreciate your input!

    Ski

  2. #2
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    4,268
    I can't comment on the Destroyers but the LoD Signature Series are a good set of sliders. I feel that LoD's finish holds up very well.

  3. #3
    Been Around the Block CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    314
    I have them & they are okay... mine put a crease in my body, but to be fair it was extreme circumstances. The signature series design seems more robust that the destroyers and would have probably held up better.

    I am not pleased with the powder coating. I understand that powder coating will scratch when dragged through the rocks, but anywhere that was scratched led to large (like 2” x 16”) pieces of coating flaking off. The grey primer looking coating under the black is adhered good and seems real tough. A rattle can paint job would have been better for my purposes.

    There’s some pictures in this thread

    https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...llmart-Wheel-n

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Gardner, Kansas
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I can't comment on the Destroyers but the LoD Signature Series are a good set of sliders. I feel that LoD's finish holds up very well.

    How would the Signature Series work as a step to assist getting into the Jeep? My wife definitely wants a step to help her get into/out of the Jeep. So looking for something that would achieve both, a step and a slider for protection.

  5. #5
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Gardner, Kansas
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    I have them & they are okay... mine put a crease in my body, but to be fair it was extreme circumstances. The signature series design seems more robust that the destroyers and would have probably held up better.

    I am not pleased with the powder coating. I understand that powder coating will scratch when dragged through the rocks, but anywhere that was scratched led to large (like 2” x 16”) pieces of coating flaking off. The grey primer looking coating under the black is adhered good and seems real tough. A rattle can paint job would have been better for my purposes.

    There’s some pictures in this thread

    https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...llmart-Wheel-n
    Well, they look nice, but wow, it definitely didn't hold up well. I would agree with you on the powder coating, you wouldn't think it would come off in such large chunks. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it! Nice looking rig!

  6. #6
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski View Post
    How would the Signature Series work as a step to assist getting into the Jeep? My wife definitely wants a step to help her get into/out of the Jeep. So looking for something that would achieve both, a step and a slider for protection.
    Works great as a step. So much so that we'll likely be getting them for our Gladiator as long as they mount to the frame. They mount to the frame on the JK but not sure on the JL.

  7. #7
    I have Signature Series on my 18 JLUR. They are tough and the finish holds up well. I have slammed down on rocks, teetered on them and pushed up against trees. No damage at all to body. They are good looking and DO work as a proper step.

  8. #8
    Been Around the Block CalSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    314
    I think the center mounting bracket on my drivers side may be a little bent (and torn). I’m going to box the mounting brackets in with some 3/16” plate whenever I take them off to straighten the passenger one. I’ll strip the powder coating & repaint with some Krylon while they’re off too.

    ATTACH=CONFIG]13990[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •