Mopar suspension upgrade

Cruuzer

Hello Guys,

I have the 2” Mopar lift (yes, it really was closer to 3”)

I recently went from 315’s BFG AT’s to 37” BFG AT’s, and it improved the steering and ride quite a bit.

But i need to do LCAs and a trackbar (to locate the axle and bring the caster into proper geometry)

I bought the Rancho trackbar (price was great) and Synergy arms (specs seemed great)

What degree of caster should they set to? 6 degrees?

Any input is really appreciated

Cruuzer

So i had the Synergy LCA’s and the Rancho front trackbar installed today, what a world of difference.

The shimmy and “fast” steering is gone, there is a load and heft back into steering that had been missing.

The 2” mopar kit is very incomplete in my opinion, as it allowed incorrect geometry. The cost isn’t bad, but i should have spent more on a better kit to begin with.

I now have a very “hybrid” kit set up, and the ride with the Mopar springs and 2.5 Fox shocks is very nice with the 37” BFG’s at 32lbs, the handling is as good as i could ask it to be.

Ill shoot some pics, but i cannot recommend that getting a lower LCA and trackbar for the Mopar kit, with yields closer to 3” it really improves things.

Thanks for the earlier input-

Cruuzer

I’m confused here, if you have the mopar lift then you have the arms to increase the caster already. Why change

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The caster wasn’t enough, and they are fixed arms so they don’t allow tuning.

The new arms i bought (synergy) allowed for fine tuning to get the steering back, this coupled with the track bar brought the heft back and eliminated the slop....

The mopar arms were designed for bringing caster back to a 2’ lift, in reality most people are yielding 3’ or more of lift, conversely the arms lack the ability to adjust for that....

GrayBeard

I'd have to ask my mechanic, he's a Jeep dealership master mechanic and avid Jeeper.

The guy does excellent work. I'm a firm believer that if you have a great mechanic most problems can be alleviated. He installed my Mopar 2" lift and so far, not one issue.

I think having an avid Jeeper Master Mopar Mechanic is a huge plus.

My JLUR rides true and straight at any speed with 37s. Awesome off road and so far no issues at all with tire wear.

I did have dreaded steering shimmy, but a Ranch HD Adjustable Front Track Bar corrected that 100%.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cruuzer

I'd have to ask my mechanic, he's a Jeep dealership master mechanic and avid Jeeper.

The guy does excellent work. I'm a firm believer that if you have a great mechanic most problems can be alleviated. He installed my Mopar 2" lift and so far, not one issue.

I think having an avid Jeeper Master Mopar Mechanic is a huge plus.

My JLUR rides true and straight at any speed with 37s. Awesome off road and so far no issues at all with tire wear.

I did have dreaded steering shimmy, but a Ranch HD Adjustable Front Track Bar corrected that 100%.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I can tell you that i was able to bring that steering feel and “heft” back into the steering, the arms are now at right around 6 degrees, but the 3” of yielded lift certainly adds some over the 2” the arms were designed to correct. If the arms were engineered to give you 6 degrees (or there about with 2” of lift) and you gain 3” the difference is roughly 33%, probably more than the non adjustable arms were meant to correct.

The track bar had some to do with that (In correcting the shimmy i had), but proper steering angle is what makes the steering feel right (caster)

The Mopar kit isn’t rocket science, it’s shocks, Arms, springs and spring retainer isolators (which were not well designed and sparked a aftermarket fix by more than one company)I can say those of us us with early kits didn’t benefit from the more tried and trued solutions and engineering available. So to say its not complete thought our and designed, may just have a bit of credence.

Having a avid master mechanic may be nice, but i have my jeeps built by Evo and T&J’s off road through the years, I’m on my 26th jeep, and I've never owned one that stayed stock (including my ‘49 CJ2A). Ive also enjoyed wrenching quite a bit myself through the years.

The adjustable arms also add some articulation- so there is some bonus there as well.

Last edited:

Cruuzer

70594DF4-5E5E-4D94-AB9C-7BF2A448BE1F.jpgB25A7060-B4B8-4F40-901A-74FDBBB27899.jpg

Pics taken yesterday running John Bull, funny part is that i won an ICON suspension last night at the Forrestfest raffle....

Time to upgrade from there