Gladiator front camera on JL

13_gecko_rubi

Not only that but I’m pretty sure if you have the ACC camera in the window up front, the other “cargo” cam is taken up in that pin. I think it’s pin 25. At least that’s how it is in the Power Wagon.
The ACC camera and actual viewable cameras do not use the same "pin" in any vehicle. The ACC camera is hooked directly to the ACC module and communicates the info to rest of system over CAN. The cargo cam that is SD goes directly to radio via an analog signal as does one HD LVDS input. If you have multiple HD cameras like Gladiator and others the cameras go to a video proccesing module which then sends the appropriate video to the radio via LVDS cable.

Sent via....

Onlyone

The ACC camera and actual viewable cameras do not use the same "pin" in any vehicle. The ACC camera is hooked directly to the ACC module and communicates the info to rest of system over CAN. The cargo cam that is SD goes directly to radio via an analog signal as does one HD LVDS input. If you have multiple HD cameras like Gladiator and others the cameras go to a video proccesing module which then sends the appropriate video to the radio via LVDS cable.

Sent via....

Ahhh. Gotcha. I was trying to hook up a front camera in my Power Wagon via Cargo camera input and a Tazer and since it had the auto high beams I didn’t have the pin available needed to install it, or at least I thought. I figured it was the same. Thanks for the clarification.

13_gecko_rubi

Ahhh. Gotcha. I was trying to hook up a front camera in my Power Wagon via Cargo camera input and a Tazer and since it had the auto high beams I didn’t have the pin available needed to install it, or at least I thought. I figured it was the same. Thanks for the clarification.

I assume these should be the wires you use for front camera on Power Wagon per the PW wiring diagram. Just verified the new 2019 Power Wagon and the ACC module is only on CAN like I thought. Might wanna call the Tazer folks as the input pins are different between JL and the DJ. Joe will know.

IMG_0344.jpg

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Onlyone

I assume these should be the wires you use for front camera on Power Wagon per the PW wiring diagram. Just verified the new 2019 Power Wagon and the ACC module is only on CAN like I thought. Might wanna call the Tazer folks as the input pins are different between JL and the DJ. Joe will know.

View attachment 12592

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thank you very much for that. :beer: It also makes sense because if I remember correctly, a couple of those pins were open. :doh:

asmith1923

Front trail camera on a JLUR

When I bought my JLUR, I test drove a Gladiator and loved the front trail camera. Now, I "know" the radios are identical, so there "must" be an input for a front camera. Has anyone done this yet? I have no interest in purchasing the lens washing system, just the camera.

I assume a knowledgeable service dept. could flash the radio to accept and show the front/rear cameras?

Eddie?

JTCO

Meme King
When I bought my JLUR, I test drove a Gladiator and loved the front trail camera. Now, I "know" the radios are identical, so there "must" be an input for a front camera. Has anyone done this yet? I have no interest in purchasing the lens washing system, just the camera.

I assume a knowledgeable service dept. could flash the radio to accept and show the front/rear cameras?

Eddie?

Merged here.