HALO electrical wiring

fratnike

Hi all,

as probably you know in europe the HALO lights are not connected and we have not wired pin 5 on the headlight connector

Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 10.51.39.jpg

At the moment I have ordered the metallic PIN to use with this connector (used also by Harley-Davidson) and some electric cables for high temperatures.

I am able to "activate" HALO thanks to TazerJL mini but I am not able to find the correct fuse where to take the positive.

Anyone has an idea where the "PIN 5" must be connected or where I can find a schema of circuit L117?

Thank you in advance for your help

enrico

MrGiant

I did not know that the halos are not connected in europe, too bad. No idea about connecting it

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

fratnike

I did not know that the halos are not connected in europe, too bad. No idea about connecting it

What I want to obtain is this (see the illuminated crown on the headlights):

mopar-82215136-led-headlight-pair-jl-rubicon-turned-on.jpg

but what happen in Italy (but I am sure in all Europe) is that we have only the ground cable and low and high beam.

80FC50B5-0A32-4718-93FB-D51151502CF4.jpg

enrico

PS: do anyone know the website alldata.com ? Do you have more information about it? Seems that they have all the schema for the JL

MrGiant

Man thats crazy. Good thing is you already figured out about that socket.
Alldata is also new to me, but seems to have a lot of information. Again, I dont know how to wire it
Good luck with that!
Are there parts of US wire harnesses you could use which include these connections. Maybe the rest in your jl is wired to keep part variety small

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

13_gecko_rubi

Your headlights also do not have the halos in them. So you will need us headlamps if you want them to work in addition to the wiring.

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

If you get new us spec lamps, the left side lamp halo pin 5 goes to the body control module c1/a connector pin 7 and the right lamp halo goes to the body control module c1/a connector pin 5. They don't go directly to fuses. The issue is on export those go to the mirror turn signals so you cannot wire them like us. If u really want the halos your best bet is buy us lamps and wire the halos directly to a switch.

Sent via....

Last edited:

fratnike

If you get new us spec lamps, the left side lamp halo pin 5 goes to the body control module c1/a connector pin 7 and the right lamp halo goes to the body control module c1/a connector pin 5. They don't go directly to fuses. The issue is on export those go to the mirror turn signals so you cannot wire them like us. If u really want the halos your best bet is buy us lamps and wire the halos directly to a switch.

Sent via....

Thank you for the information!

I really can't believe that FCA has saved on two LEDs that cost a few yen. :(

MrGiant

I feel sorry for you because I cannot understand why it couldnt pass the regulations.....nonsense for me since there are lots of european cars with similar stuff

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR