Rock slide engineering

Neohiofan

Do any of you have any personal experience with Rock Slide Engineering slider steps? Especially in an area with snow. I plan on getting the sliders with the skid step. If these are garbage I will keep looking. I also like GenRight aluminum sliders but their not available for a 2 door JL yet.

JeepJL

I like them better then the AMP power step as far as holding up but the step is very narrow and they still have their issues. What about snow, what’s your questions? The good thing about the rock slide is how they open and the frozen slush from the tires don’t really effect them from working.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
I’ve seen them take some abuse in Moab and not fail, but I’ve heard a lot of failures on the early iterations. I believe the newer models have made improvements addressing the motors. We will be running a set on our shop JT, when it finally shows up.

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
Bubba, do you sell them? I didn’t see them on your website but I’d like to buy some from you if you can get them.

I do. They sometimes have a long lead time and for that reason, we don’t put them on the website. I suppose I should and just add the disclaimer. If you’re interested shoot me an email through the website.

MSUConrad

We have a set and really enjoy them. No issues with the coating so far, but we only see snow when we go up to Mt Hood. I will say they were a breeze to install, no issues with bolts lining up or anything.

Pyrates

I had the aries steps and the switched over to the Rockslide Engineering steps after I abused the Aries steps and they buckled under pressure, they weren't really designed for rock crawling. FYI, Rockslide Engineering supplies the wire harness, door switches, and control unit for Aries so switching them out wasn't too bad. I also bought the additional armor for the steps. I have been rock crawling with them for a while now and they are still working. They do need to be lubricated at times, so keep that in mind.
I went with power steps because my wife is a disabled veteran who had trouble climbing up into the Jeep.
I do still have the Aries steps laying around but they are warped, dented, have holes and gashes, and the mounting brackets are badly bent. Oh and one of the end caps is squashed and won't fit back on the power steps. I use and love our Jeep although the wife says that it is my Jeep.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MSUConrad

how do the rockslide steps work when the doors are off?

You either turn them off with the supplied switch, so they are not deployed. Then you can turn them on/off to let people in/out.

Or they sell a kit that you push a button to deploy them when the doors are off.