Coil Spring Bow, Correction, Wedges, Isolators

offcamber

So even stock jeeps should put the rk pads?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I don't know that I would go that far unless you start to see the factory springs bowing. I know that when I pulled my stock springs off, the factory pad on the drivers side had started to collapse. The little "steps" that conform to the spring coils had started to get crushed back toward the next little block so that the springs started to bulge slightly.

Jeep JL

I noticed the dynatrac lift doesn’t include new pads. Would the RK correction pads be good to use with that kit or are the pads shaped differently to counter the Mopar springs?

offcamber

I noticed the dynatrac lift doesn’t include new pads. Would the RK correction pads be good to use with that kit or are the pads shaped differently to counter the Mopar springs?

The should work with any coils. They use them with the RK coils too and they don't have a bow in them. Also I can tell you that when I had the Mopar springs out, they were not bowed. The rolled around flat like any other coil. If they were bowed by design they would have been that way out of the Jeep, I would think.

Jeep JL

The should work with any coils. They use them with the RK coils too and they don't have a bow in them. Also I can tell you that when I had the Mopar springs out, they were not bowed. The rolled around flat like any other coil. If they were bowed by design they would have been that way out of the Jeep, I would think.

Awesome, thanks.

SLO

Bow Correction Coil Isolators for EVO Enforcer

Was planning to install my EVO lift today but I seem to remember hearing that it is recommended to get spring isolators from someone like Rancho or Daystar to help with bow correction. What are most of you guys running, if anything. Are there many issues with EVO springs bowing without correction isolators?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a good idea. EVO coils are on the soft side and the isolators will help to prevent bowing.

Ski

Was planning to install my EVO lift today but I seem to remember hearing that it is recommended to get spring isolators from someone like Rancho or Daystar to help with bow correction. What are most of you guys running, if anything. Are there many issues with EVO springs bowing without correction isolators?

What lift are you putting on? Would love to see pictures before and after your install. Thanks!

Lurker

My 2.5" Evo springs bowed so I ordered the rancho isolator. Then I said to myself, hey, if I'm pulling the springs anyway to put the isolators on, might as well change to the 3.5" springs! So that's what I'll be doing soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

SLO

Bow Correction Coil Isolators for EVO Enforcer

So, it turns out that my EVO Enforcer kit actually came with bow correction isolators. They appear to be Rancho, actually. They have the same part number on the back as the Rancho ones that came in today. EVO’s site doesn’t reference them as being part of the kit and the instructions don’t even show them as included contents so I’m guessing they just started including them. So, now I have an extra set of Rancho isolators. Anyone want to buy them? [emoji51]

Last edited:

dixonk

So, it turns out that my EVO Enforcer kit actually came with bow correction isolators. They appear to be Rancho, actually. They have the same part number on the back as the Rancho ones that came in today. EVO’s site doesn’t reference them as being part of the kit and the instructions don’t even show them as included contents so I’m guessing they just started including them. So, now I have an extra set of Rancho isolators. Anyone want to buy them? [emoji51]

I would like to buy them from you.