Mopar lift JL JLU Jeep Wrangler

MyJLU

I have heard that the Mopar Lift is more like a 3.5” then a 2” lift. Can someone running it confirm? Pics with 37”s and measurements from bottom fender to ground?

From what I have seen on a Rubicon you net 3 inches and will clear 37" tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard that the Mopar Lift is more like a 3.5” then a 2” lift. Can someone running it confirm? Pics with 37”s and measurements from bottom fender to ground?

Sorry, don't have any pics but I have confirmed that it'll yield a little over 3" of lift. I've done this on several JL's with this lift on a dealership lot. But, you can take that for what it's worth.

Mud Bug

I just got the 2" Mopar lift installed on my 2-door JL Rubicon. I measured different things for comparisons afterward.

I gained 1" more clearance between my tire and fender, but I believe I got only roughly 2.1" of lift from it.

I went from the stock 33's (which actually measured 32") to Nitto 37's (which actually measure 35.75") and I ended up with 4" more ground clearance. (measured from the road to the bottom of my rock slider)

IMG_1656.jpg

I figure taking half the height difference in the tire is 1.875", subtracted from the total 4" gained = 2.125" (but I admit that math is generally not my thing, I could be wrong)
Below is my jeep next to husband's still stock rubicon.

IMG_1790.jpg

Mud Bug

Fort some reason, I cannot successfully edit my photo to NOT load sideways :( I apologize

Assuming all things are equal, because I have no "before" pictures... I measured the front (the mentioned thread says 10.25" stock for a Rubicon) and mine came out roughly to 11 5/8" -- pushing that 11 3/4" mark.

IMG_1824.jpg

The rear I could not successfully get under.. I don't have a way to lift the jeep a little off the ground for me to get all the way under and hold a tape measure in one hand and a phone in the other. I tried... but it is all crazy looking (and also loading as a sideways picture so I will save you that hassle)

Cruuzer

From what I have seen on a Rubicon you net 3 inches and will clear 37" tires

100% true

I’m running the 2” lift and it netted at least 3” and clears the 37” BFG ko2 with zero issues

I’m adding LCS’s and a track bar (highly recommended) so plan on that too, I've put 8k miles on my kit with both 35’s and 37’s on it

Mud Bug

100% true

I’m running the 2” lift and it netted at least 3” and clears the 37” BFG ko2 with zero issues

I’m adding LCS’s and a track bar (highly recommended) so plan on that too, I've put 8k miles on my kit with both 35’s and 37’s on it

Can you measure and take a picture? So far I think I am the only one with a picture that shows I got like 1.5" from my 2" Mopar on the front, and closer to 2" in the rear (but the rear is not pictured, I couldn't hold the measuring tape and take a picture while crawling under the jeep lol) But I wonder why mine would be so different. I have the OEM steel bumper on the front, no winch. OEM plastic bumper on the rear while I am bumper shopping.