Mopar lift JL JLU Jeep Wrangler

SSTuner

Just installed 315/70/17 BFG "C" on my '18 JLUS using Rubicon takeoffs. With the Mopar 2" lift which yielded 3 1/2 lift. Now my front tire rub the lower control arms at left/right lock. Is there unadjustable lower control arm with more curvature to clear the wider tire. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 131

JTCO

Meme King
Likely the tire is too wide. You can get different rims with less backspacing or just get a set of 1.5 inch wheel spacers to bring the tires outward more. If you go with spacers, don't get Chinese knock-offs. Get spidertrax or synergy.

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited:

SSTuner

I ran the 315/70/17 vs 285/70/17 with the Rubicon rim thru an online calculator and it detailed an 1" increase width wise on the inside and 1" increase on the outside.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Jeep looks great. I am running 35 x 12.5 on Rubicon rims and added the synergy 1.625" wheel spacers and have no rubbing.

SilverSurfer

Reviving an old thread here.

I am contemplating getting the Mopar 2" lift for my Wrangler JL Rubi but reviews and feedback is polarized from the one end of extremely happy to the other end of worst coil lift and incomplete kit.

I will not run tires larger than 33" - What would be best; keep the stock suspension or go for the Mopar 2" lift.

I am looking for more clearance on the belly (Break-over angle)

SilverSurfer

So many reviews and Youtube videos of people claiming the Mopar 2" Lift on the 2-Door needs adjustable track bars to centre the axles.

Very confusing and difficult to find credible information. This is why I turned to this forum for expert advice.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Dale72

Caught the Bug
So many reviews and Youtube videos of people claiming the Mopar 2" Lift on the 2-Door needs adjustable track bars to centre the axles.

Very confusing and difficult to find credible information. This is why I turned to this forum for expert advice.

You might need it for the 2 door. Send Bubba a message at exodus4x4.com and he will stear you in the right direction

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Dale72

Caught the Bug

But none of the 2 inch lifts will come with adjustable track bars. You will need to get them separately

Sent from my SM-G973U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

SilverSurfer

I would certainly pm him on this forum, thanks for the tip.

In South Africa there is not much of a selection of lift kits so the Mopar lift is pretty much the only option. Therefore my decision is more about to lift or not to lift the Jeep.

I hit the local trails every second weekend, I need just a bit more belly clearance for sand and rocky trails.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
:twocents: If you have a Rubicon (with the high line fenders) you should be able to fit 35" tires . that would give a little extra clearance

Last edited: