Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mopar lift

So I am pretty much snookered lifting my JLR and correcting the suspension ergonomics

Fresh Catch

2020 JLUR Mopar lift

I had the dealer install the Mopar lift and do an alignment. I measured afterwards and found the lift gave my Rubicon about 2 1/2" of lift. My front axle was off 1/2" side to side (so really off an extra 1/4" to one side). They say you don't need trackbars for that, but I'm a bit OCD and once I knew I had to fix it lol. So I bought SteerSmarts Yeti XD trackbars (had to have the rear match the font... OCD thing again). So, the decision is yours. Those that say you don't need trackbars for 2-2 1/2" lift are correct (my Jeep ran perfectly straight before and after I installed the adjustable trackbars). But, so aren't those that say you need adjustable trackbars.... if you want your axles perfectly centered.

Mopar lift

What is the ride like compared to stock?

1/4" to one side is not much, what is all the fuss about bowing front springs and must have adjustable track bars?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgettr1 View Post
    I had the dealer install the Mopar lift and do an alignment. I measured afterwards and found the lift gave my Rubicon about 2 1/2" of lift. My front axle was off 1/2" side to side (so really off an extra 1/4" to one side). They say you don't need trackbars for that, but I'm a bit OCD and once I knew I had to fix it lol. So I bought SteerSmarts Yeti XD trackbars (had to have the rear match the font... OCD thing again). So, the decision is yours. Those that say you don't need trackbars for 2-2 1/2" lift are correct (my Jeep ran perfectly straight before and after I installed the adjustable trackbars). But, so aren't those that say you need adjustable trackbars.... if you want your axles perfectly centered.
    You are right. Mopar says you don't need adj track bars for this lift. However like you, I put adjustable on front and rear to get axles in line. Same with height, my Mopar lift yielded much closer to 3" than 2".

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    What is the ride like compared to stock?

1/4" to one side is not much, what is all the fuss about bowing front springs and must have adjustable track bars?
    Ride IS a little stiffer with the Mopar lift. I am sure other lift manuf. are all different. That being said, I am happy with it and probably won't go any higher. Springs will be fine without adj track bar. Having the axles be off bothered me and if I recall correctly, adding the adj track bars and correcting 'dog track' did help the drivability very slightly.

I can always add adjustable track bars later. I did a bit of research and the right hand drive track bars is exactly the same as the left hand drive. So, there are many options available. I like the Mopar lift as my Jeep is still under warranty and it was developed specifically for the JL models.

Mopar lift

Quote Originally Posted by JP223/3USA View Post
    Rancho has some good track bars that are priced right

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    What he said, I am running Rancho 3 and front trackbar soon adding the rear, I am on a 2 door as well

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567