Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear fender/fender liners are clearly different

Rear fender/fender liners are clearly different

I bought a 2 door sport JL a couple weeks ago. Got back from checking the mail today and noticed the big differences between each of the rear fenders and fender liners. The drivers side is not even close to even with the rear bumper, and the fender liner in the front appears to have a crease with a bend, while the passenger side fender is even with the rear bumper and pretty flat on the front of the liner. The passenger side is almost flush with the wheel and the drivers side isnít really that close. Anyone know if this is normal from factory? I havenít had all that much time to research this topic.IMG_3100.JPGIMG_3101.JPGIMG_3103.JPGIMG_3105.JPGIMG_3102.JPGIMG_3104.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Doesnít look normal. From the look of the picture is the rear bumper bent in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Doesnít look normal. From the look of the picture is the rear bumper bent in.

The bumper is the only thing that actually is straight and even on either side IMG_3113.JPGIMG_3114.JPGIMG_3112.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by cornhohleo View Post
    The bumper is the only thing that actually is straight and even on either side IMG_3113.JPGIMG_3114.JPGIMG_3112.JPG

Your in Lafayette or Opelousas. From the first set of pictures looks like the bumper but now I see what your saying. Is there any clips broke on the fender.

Your in Lafayette or Opelousas. From the first set of pictures looks like the bumper but now I see what your saying. Is there any clips broke on the fender.

I actually bought in Opelousas. I tapped on the fender itself and the fender liners, nothing seems to be missing or loose, so Iím puzzled, but I know my JK Sport wasnít anything like this.

I actually bought in Opelousas. I tapped on the fender itself and the fender liners, nothing seems to be missing or loose, so Iím puzzled, but I know my JK Sport wasnít anything like this.

Damn man Iím puzzled also. If you would want me to take a look at it Iíll be passing through the area Thursday evening.

Damn man Iím puzzled also. If you would want me to take a look at it Iíll be passing through the area Thursday evening.

I actually stay in Youngsville, and I work at a different Sterling dealership, so what I may do is contact the service department at the Jeep store, see if they know any issues. But if I canít get help, I may take you up on that offer. I will let you know though, thanks for the input and the offer!

I actually stay in Youngsville, and I work at a different Sterling dealership, so what I may do is contact the service department at the Jeep store, see if they know any issues. But if I canít get help, I may take you up on that offer. I will let you know though, thanks for the input and the offer!

10-4

It almost looks like the drivers side is a Rubicon high line fender and the passenger side is a sport fender.

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    It almost looks like the drivers side is a Rubicon high line fender and the passenger side is a sport fender.

This was actually my guess as well after looking at it a little more. It has to be that they used the incorrect one in my opinion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast