Returning Jeep owner, new to Forum

truckpete

Returning “Jeep guy” here. Caught the bug for Jeeps while bombing around with my older brother and his friends in a CJ7 in the 90’s. I was in the 4wheeling hobby for several years(Bronco II, ‘72 Scout, Several F150’s/250’s/350’s, Solid axle Toyota pickup)before I owned finally owned my own Jeep... a ‘97 TJ with a budget boost lift and 33’s. 4.0, 5spd, D44. Later owned an XJ when my daughter was born with daydreams of it being a family wheeler.. but the build wasn’t in the budget at the time.

Now the proud new owner of a Punk’n Orange 2 door JL Sport soft top.
IMG_7020.JPG

I went with a 2.0 turbo. Partly because of the seat of the pants acceleration feel while test driving beside a 6cyl.. and mostly because it was a leftover and a screaming deal. [emoji23] I wasn’t 100% aware of just how complex the “mild hybrid” system was at the time of purchase... the coolant and refrigeration lines/the fact that the battery is underneath in the elements.. had I known, I probably would have steered clear. BUT, I’m extremely happy with how it drives. Fingers crossed on durability.

Already have a 2.5” Rock Krawler Adventure Series 3 stage 1 lift kit for it(still on the bench, stage 1 shocks are backordered). And also have a set of 5 BFG All-terrains on the way. Most likely going with Mickey Thompson Classic 3’s for wheels.

My intentions are to start with it fairly mild with that build as it will be a daily driver. I will add armor and bumpers etc. as I go, and once it’s paid off.. Rubicon flares, 37’s, pro rock 44 front axle, lockers, 4.88’s or 5.13’s.. and maybe a JT diesel to pull it on a trailer. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app